how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jamez K

@rr.com
reply to dslx_gm

Re: Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

I've called DSL Extreme several times and while the customer service has been nice they've yet to be helpful. I have been without internet for over a month, by choice, because I'm holding out for Fusion. As of today I'm told Monday is a possibility. I'm concerned that when I finally get to the point when Fusion is available to new customers that I'll end up not being eligible. What's the plan with new customers?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:17

said by Jamez K :

I've called DSL Extreme several times and while the customer service has been nice they've yet to be helpful. I have been without internet for over a month, by choice, because I'm holding out for Fusion. As of today I'm told Monday is a possibility. I'm concerned that when I finally get to the point when Fusion is available to new customers that I'll end up not being eligible. What's the plan with new customers?

We are shooting to be live to new customers by Monday afternoon / Tuesday morning at the latest. Are you in an AT&T area in Southern California?
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

Jamez K

@rr.com

Thanks for the quick reply. I am in an AT&T area. Echo Park, Zipcode 90026.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by Jamez K :

Thanks for the quick reply. I am in an AT&T area. Echo Park, Zipcode 90026.

You are within the serviceable area. We will be able to check for sure to see if your specific location qualifies once it is available to new clients early next week. Look forward to having you as a client.

Thanks,
GM
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to dslx_gm

Enjoy watching the initial circuits come online and the clients that are close to the central office getting close to 20Mbps. Here is a sample client's sync rate.

Download
Speed 19712 kbps
Upload
Speed 1003 kbps

Excited to see the high rate initial uptake from our existing clients converting over. Glad to see they are as excited as we are!
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dickmead
Premium
join:1999-08-22
Pasadena, CA
Reviews:
·DSL EXTREME
·Charter

1 edit

I should be about 1/2 mile from my CO. I guess the old copper
may have an impact.
I am getting 6450Kbps down/1050Kbps up

Still, that is more than sufficient to stream a couple of videos
while surfing the net.

Thanks

edit: yeah, I overlooked that crows and phone lines probably don't take the same path ;^)

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by dickmead:

I should be about 1/2 mile from my CO. I guess the old copper
may have an impact.
I am getting 6450Kbps down/1050Kbps up

Still, that is more than sufficient to stream a couple of videos
while surfing the net.

Thanks

Glad to hear it is working well for you. Your distance estimate shows you at about 7500 feet from the central office or about a mile and a half away. Your line readings are below.

Download
Speed 7857 kbps
SNR 6.8 dB
Attenuation 38.5 dB
Upload
Speed 1311 kbps
SNR 6.0 dB
Attenuation 20.8 dB

Looks like you are holding steady at a little less than 8 Megs.

Thanks,
GM
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

Jamez K

@rr.com
reply to dslx_gm

The good news is I'm eligible for Fusion. Unfortunately no one could make it clear to me whether or not I needed a third party (AT&T?) to set up a phone line to make it work? I was told yes & no by different operators.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27

Do you already have an existing phone line at the location?

Jamez K

@rr.com

I do not have a phone line as of now.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to Jamez K

said by Jamez K :

The good news is I'm eligible for Fusion. Unfortunately no one could make it clear to me whether or not I needed a third party (AT&T?) to set up a phone line to make it work? I was told yes & no by different operators.

That's great news. We look forward to having you as a client. You do not need to place an order with AT&T. We lease the lines from AT&T and during the order process will have AT&T deliver the line to your location. That line is delivered to your MPOE/NID where all of the phone cables come into your location. You are of course responsible for your inside wiring or any wiring beyond that point.

You can place your order on our website by going to »www.dslextreme.com/fusion and we will take care of getting the service established for you.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dickmead
Premium
join:1999-08-22
Pasadena, CA
reply to dslx_gm

Will there be a phone services management web page or app?
(I don't see one at the dslx site yet, and sonic has such an animal)

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by dickmead:

Will there be a phone services management web page or app?
(I don't see one at the dslx site yet, and sonic has such an animal)

At initial roll out there will not be. We are working on something in the near future. To start off you can manage via star codes on your phone and hope to have something integrated into our portal very soon.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

bbnovice

join:2004-03-17
Sacramento, CA
reply to dslx_gm

Hi George--

I just clicked on the prequalify button--unfortunately my location did not qualify for the Fusion service, just 3M DSL service--bummer.

I live in Sacramento Valley with ATT service--will homes in our area eventually be able to get the Fursion service? Or is it a matter of being too far away from the CO?

Thank you in advance!

Jamez K

@rr.com
reply to dslx_gm

We lease the lines from AT&T and during the order process will have AT&T deliver the line to your location. That line is delivered to your MPOE/NID where all of the phone cables come into your location. You are of course responsible for your inside wiring or any wiring beyond that point.

"You are of course responsible for your inside wiring or any wiring beyond that point."
George, can you please tell me what this entails? I have no extensive knowledge of wiring other than plugging in the modem, and setting up a router. I want to sign up but I don't want to get stuck with a setup I can't handle. Or for that matter needing to find someone to do the wiring for me.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

You said you don't have a phone line right now; did your location have a phone line previously? If you don't have any wall jacks installed then obviously those would need to get installed, but if your location had a phone line previously then presumably you would have wall jacks already in place, and those should already be connected to the phone box (meaning all that needs to be done is the outside phone line connected to your phone box, which is handled by phone techs, not you).

alphabet2543

join:2009-01-10
Sacramento, CA
reply to dslx_gm

Didn't qualify but then again, I forgot that when I tried to pre-qualify at Sonic's website, it said I was behind a remote terminal. Darn...

lewjay

join:2002-01-20
San Gabriel, CA

Hi all, started the service on Monday right on schedule, but I'm barely getting 5Mbps download on speed test. I was expecting something faster, somewhere closer to 10Mbps. I have the Comtrend 5072 modem. I'd appreciate any help.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

Heya. I've got your account here; I'll have a tech give you a call shortly to take a look into that for you.

lewjay

join:2002-01-20
San Gabriel, CA

It looks like I'm a bit far from my CO, so that explains my speed. Appreciate the call, Nick.

kenjai7373

join:2013-02-02
El Monte, CA
reply to dslx_gm

i live in el monte. what speeds will i get if i switch to fusion? last time i checked i didnt qualify for 6mbps.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

Unfortunately, city name alone isn't enough to answer that; it depends on line characteristics, the biggest factor being how far you are from your connected central office. If you don't qualify for 6Mbps, you may be a bit far out; I would typically expect you to get up to 3-6Mbps or so on Fusion.

Edit: oh, heh. Looks like I beat George answering by a few seconds

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to kenjai7373

said by kenjai7373:

i live in el monte. what speeds will i get if i switch to fusion? last time i checked i didnt qualify for 6mbps.

Hi kenjai7373 See Profile,

Have you checked to see if you qualify for service. You can check to see if your specific location qualifies by going to »www.dslextreme.com/fusion. The service comes with up to 20 Mbps down and up to 1 Mbps up. The speed which your line will sync at depends on your distance from the central office in your neighborhood. I would recommend checking to see if you qualify on our site.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

i got an email from dslextreme that i qualified for 10mb fusion. not sure if its a mistake though. i think im 1.8miles away from my co. how much will i get out of the 10mbps from that distance? i get 2.4 out of 3mbps usually.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by kenjai7373:

i got an email from dslextreme that i qualified for 10mb fusion. not sure if its a mistake though. i think im 1.8miles away from my co. how much will i get out of the 10mbps from that distance? i get 2.4 out of 3mbps usually.

The rate that you will sync at depends on the distance and quality of your phone line between you and the phone companies central office in your neighborhood. Unfortunately we can't say for sure what your line prior to getting connected. We don't limit the sync rate on the line so whatever you line can hold without losing sync your line will connect at. According to the prequal you are approximately 8,000 feet from the central office. Most people in that distance range see between 5 and 10 Mbps down. You should also see a bump on your upload speed. I assume you will get a little more than you are getting today but again can't guarantee exactly how much. I would recommend giving it a shot.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

will the 2wire 2701HG-B work with fusion? thanks.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by kenjai7373:

will the 2wire 2701HG-B work with fusion? thanks.

I am pretty sure that modem supports ADSL2+ so it should.

Thanks

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

i just placed the order for fusion. will i get charged for my current contract of 3mb plan? thanks.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by kenjai7373:

i just placed the order for fusion. will i get charged for my current contract of 3mb plan? thanks.

Since you are upgrading to the new service you won't be charged a term fee for your old package.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

do u guys have adsl2+ filters? it seems that only outside countries sell these. thanks.