Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kenjai7373

join:2013-02-02
El Monte, CA
reply to dslx_gm

Re: Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

i live in el monte. what speeds will i get if i switch to fusion? last time i checked i didnt qualify for 6mbps.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27

Unfortunately, city name alone isn't enough to answer that; it depends on line characteristics, the biggest factor being how far you are from your connected central office. If you don't qualify for 6Mbps, you may be a bit far out; I would typically expect you to get up to 3-6Mbps or so on Fusion.

Edit: oh, heh. Looks like I beat George answering by a few seconds

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:15
reply to kenjai7373

said by kenjai7373:

i live in el monte. what speeds will i get if i switch to fusion? last time i checked i didnt qualify for 6mbps.

Hi kenjai7373 See Profile,

Have you checked to see if you qualify for service. You can check to see if your specific location qualifies by going to »www.dslextreme.com/fusion. The service comes with up to 20 Mbps down and up to 1 Mbps up. The speed which your line will sync at depends on your distance from the central office in your neighborhood. I would recommend checking to see if you qualify on our site.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

i got an email from dslextreme that i qualified for 10mb fusion. not sure if its a mistake though. i think im 1.8miles away from my co. how much will i get out of the 10mbps from that distance? i get 2.4 out of 3mbps usually.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by kenjai7373:

i got an email from dslextreme that i qualified for 10mb fusion. not sure if its a mistake though. i think im 1.8miles away from my co. how much will i get out of the 10mbps from that distance? i get 2.4 out of 3mbps usually.

The rate that you will sync at depends on the distance and quality of your phone line between you and the phone companies central office in your neighborhood. Unfortunately we can't say for sure what your line prior to getting connected. We don't limit the sync rate on the line so whatever you line can hold without losing sync your line will connect at. According to the prequal you are approximately 8,000 feet from the central office. Most people in that distance range see between 5 and 10 Mbps down. You should also see a bump on your upload speed. I assume you will get a little more than you are getting today but again can't guarantee exactly how much. I would recommend giving it a shot.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

will the 2wire 2701HG-B work with fusion? thanks.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by kenjai7373:

will the 2wire 2701HG-B work with fusion? thanks.

I am pretty sure that modem supports ADSL2+ so it should.

Thanks

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

i just placed the order for fusion. will i get charged for my current contract of 3mb plan? thanks.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by kenjai7373:

i just placed the order for fusion. will i get charged for my current contract of 3mb plan? thanks.

Since you are upgrading to the new service you won't be charged a term fee for your old package.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

do u guys have adsl2+ filters? it seems that only outside countries sell these. thanks.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

We actually haven't been seeing any appreciable difference in line quality comparing our current filters to ones rated specifically for ADSL2+, but yes, we do have some in stock.

RikasAngel

@rr.com

My family lives in Downey, California, a Verizon zone where DSL Extreme is currently available. Does DSL Extreme have plans to branch out it's Fusion bundle into service areas like ours? We'd be more than happy to terminate or Time Warner Cable service in order to switch to DSL Extreme Fusion.

Ryanevans21

join:2013-02-05
Los Angeles, CA
reply to dslx_gm

subscribed for fusion last week and received an email, that my line activation will be yesterday. one day after my phone still no service

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

Ryanevans21, let me take a look into that for you. Obviously, if your phone's not working I can't call you, so if you have an alternate number for me to reach you (like a cell phone) go ahead and send me a PM with that number.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to RikasAngel

RikasAngel, unfortunately we don't have *immediate* plans, but it's something we are looking into closely (and I've actually got a personal interest in this, as I'm in Verizon phone territory myself!). So trust me, should we gain access to expand Fusion into Verizon territory, I'll be posting about it here!

deel

join:2007-08-28
South Pasadena, CA
reply to dslx_gm

I have a question about phone number porting. Say I upgrade to Fusion at my current address and port my current number to your service. Then I move to a new city that is still within the Fusion service area but that is in a different area code. If I moved my Fusion service to the new address, would I be able to take my current phone number with me? Or do geographic/area code restrictions apply, meaning I would lose my current phone number? Thanks.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

Heh. Good question, and kind of a tricky one. The answer depends on how far you're moving, really.

A given Central Office can service multiple area codes, so if you're moving from one address to another which has a different area code, but both areas are served by the same Central Office, then we can usually keep the same number.

If you're moving further than that, meaning you're moving to a new area serviced by a completely different Central Office, then we'd need to assign you a new number at the new location.

So... if you're moving from one area code to an immediately-adjacent one, there's a decent chance we can keep your number. The further out you go, the less likely that becomes.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

today is my activation date but still same plan. please help thanks.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

download speeds are pretty slow in the 3.8mbps.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

looks like thats the max my line can hold. gonna switch back to 3mb plan be4 30 days trial.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by kenjai7373:

looks like thats the max my line can hold. gonna switch back to 3mb plan be4 30 days trial.

Hi kenjai7373,

Did you see an increase in upload speed? Most clients will see an increase in both which helps. Overall the value of the package is still very good when you consider the cost of the AT&T phone line. You will notice that AT&T has been increasing their rates for phone service and you don't get all of the extras that you get with Fusion phone service.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

teknozx

join:2013-02-12
Los Angeles, CA

Hello. I hope this is the right place to ask. I was hoping to get a straight answer about Fusion availability for me. When I go to the prequal page, it says I'm a member so I need to change service. When I go, I see 10/1 ADSL2 service available but at 119$ or something a month. Is that the Fusion service?

Also, if I do get this, what kind of speeds can I expect? It's been a long time since I checked the quality of my line. My username is the same for DSLX. Thank you.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

1) No, that's not Fusion. Look above. There's a colorful banner talking about Fusion which you should be clicking on.

2) Speeds will vary (we can't guarantee any minimum), but a reasonable expectation for you, given your distance, would be about 9Mbps.

bbnovice

join:2004-03-17
Sacramento, CA

Hi George and Nick--

I am currently served by ATT (landline and dsl)--I think Fusion is available in my area, but when I have tried to prequalify it says that I do not qualify for Fusion but I qualify for 3mb dsl (on other days it has me qualified for the next speed up).

Am I too far away from the CO to qualify for Fusion? I would be happy to remain at close to my same speed if I could get all of the other elements of Fusion--it would be adding many more features for 20-30% less than I am currently paying.

Thank you in advance!

Harry

@pacbell.net
reply to dslx_gm

Are the DSL filters that I use with my ATT DSL necessary with Fusion DSL?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by Harry :

Are the DSL filters that I use with my ATT DSL necessary with Fusion DSL?

Hi Harry,

Yes, you would still need to place filters on your phones or devices that connect to the phone line.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to bbnovice

bbnovice - unfortunately, what you're probably seeing there is indeed a result of being too far out from the CO. I suspect you may be connected to a Remote Terminal, and your actual distance to the nearest CO may be very far (in which case we would not be able to offer Fusion to your location, hence why it's not coming up on the website).

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA
reply to dslx_gm

upload speed seems to be fine as im getting 0.80mbps range. its the dl speed that im not satisfy with since its 3.8mbps range, just 1.2mbps increase from 3.0plan.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to bbnovice

Hi bbnovice,

I would recommend giving our sales team a call tomorrow morning and they can double check for you. Did you go to our »www.dslextreme.com/fusion page to qualify. If you don't qualify for Fusion due to area or distance it will show you our standard DSL (ADSL1) packages.

Thanks,
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to kenjai7373

said by kenjai7373:

upload speed seems to be fine as im getting 0.80mbps range. its the dl speed that im not satisfy with since its 3.8mbps range, just 1.2mbps increase from 3.0plan.

Every little bit helps. Depending on what you were spending for your phone service before we still think the package offers some benefits over the older standard DSL and AT&T phone service though. We are finding that even clients that are further out are very happy as they are saving money on the overall solution and like yourself generally getting a faster service that the standard DSL service with Fusion.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.