dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:15
reply to kenjai7373

Re: Introducing DSL Extreme Fusion Broadband + Phone

said by kenjai7373:

looks like thats the max my line can hold. gonna switch back to 3mb plan be4 30 days trial.

Hi kenjai7373,

Did you see an increase in upload speed? Most clients will see an increase in both which helps. Overall the value of the package is still very good when you consider the cost of the AT&T phone line. You will notice that AT&T has been increasing their rates for phone service and you don't get all of the extras that you get with Fusion phone service.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

teknozx

join:2013-02-12
Los Angeles, CA

Hello. I hope this is the right place to ask. I was hoping to get a straight answer about Fusion availability for me. When I go to the prequal page, it says I'm a member so I need to change service. When I go, I see 10/1 ADSL2 service available but at 119$ or something a month. Is that the Fusion service?

Also, if I do get this, what kind of speeds can I expect? It's been a long time since I checked the quality of my line. My username is the same for DSLX. Thank you.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27

1) No, that's not Fusion. Look above. There's a colorful banner talking about Fusion which you should be clicking on.

2) Speeds will vary (we can't guarantee any minimum), but a reasonable expectation for you, given your distance, would be about 9Mbps.

bbnovice

join:2004-03-17
Sacramento, CA

Hi George and Nick--

I am currently served by ATT (landline and dsl)--I think Fusion is available in my area, but when I have tried to prequalify it says that I do not qualify for Fusion but I qualify for 3mb dsl (on other days it has me qualified for the next speed up).

Am I too far away from the CO to qualify for Fusion? I would be happy to remain at close to my same speed if I could get all of the other elements of Fusion--it would be adding many more features for 20-30% less than I am currently paying.

Thank you in advance!

Harry

@pacbell.net
reply to dslx_gm

Are the DSL filters that I use with my ATT DSL necessary with Fusion DSL?

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

said by Harry :

Are the DSL filters that I use with my ATT DSL necessary with Fusion DSL?

Hi Harry,

Yes, you would still need to place filters on your phones or devices that connect to the phone line.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to bbnovice

bbnovice - unfortunately, what you're probably seeing there is indeed a result of being too far out from the CO. I suspect you may be connected to a Remote Terminal, and your actual distance to the nearest CO may be very far (in which case we would not be able to offer Fusion to your location, hence why it's not coming up on the website).

kenjai7373

join:2013-02-02
El Monte, CA
reply to dslx_gm

upload speed seems to be fine as im getting 0.80mbps range. its the dl speed that im not satisfy with since its 3.8mbps range, just 1.2mbps increase from 3.0plan.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to bbnovice

Hi bbnovice,

I would recommend giving our sales team a call tomorrow morning and they can double check for you. Did you go to our »www.dslextreme.com/fusion page to qualify. If you don't qualify for Fusion due to area or distance it will show you our standard DSL (ADSL1) packages.

Thanks,
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to kenjai7373

said by kenjai7373:

upload speed seems to be fine as im getting 0.80mbps range. its the dl speed that im not satisfy with since its 3.8mbps range, just 1.2mbps increase from 3.0plan.

Every little bit helps. Depending on what you were spending for your phone service before we still think the package offers some benefits over the older standard DSL and AT&T phone service though. We are finding that even clients that are further out are very happy as they are saving money on the overall solution and like yourself generally getting a faster service that the standard DSL service with Fusion.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

teknozx

Los Angeles, CA
reply to dslx_nick

said by dslx_nick:

1) No, that's not Fusion. Look above. There's a colorful banner talking about Fusion which you should be clicking on.

2) Speeds will vary (we can't guarantee any minimum), but a reasonable expectation for you, given your distance, would be about 9Mbps.

I looked at the site again and don't seem to be able to find a colorful banner. Does this mean I can't get Fusion service or it's not available at my location? Thanks.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

Hi teknozx,

I checked your account earlier today as well and am recalling that you did qualify. After you log into the Members section you will want to select the "Modify my Internet" link and then the "View available Subscriptions in my area" link. I would recommend doing that during the day as during the evening hours AT&T frequently undergoes maintenance on their qualification systems which may we why you aren't seeing it. You can also feel free to give our sales team a call tomorrow by calling 800-774-3379 and selecting the Fusion Broadband option and our sales team would be happy to assist.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

teknozx

Los Angeles, CA

said by dslx_gm:

Hi teknozx,

I checked your account earlier today as well and am recalling that you did qualify. After you log into the Members section you will want to select the "Modify my Internet" link and then the "View available Subscriptions in my area" link. I would recommend doing that during the day as during the evening hours AT&T frequently undergoes maintenance on their qualification systems which may we why you aren't seeing it. You can also feel free to give our sales team a call tomorrow by calling 800-774-3379 and selecting the Fusion Broadband option and our sales team would be happy to assist.

Thanks

Thank you. I tried it again and finally the Fusion banner popped up! I had one more question if you don't mind. I read that higher speeds will be available with line bonding. Is that an option that I have as well to get better speeds? Thank you.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

In the future we do plan on rolling out a business package that offers two bonded lines. I don't have a specific time frame on that yet but it is likely 90+ days out and targeted at small businesses.

Thanks

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA
reply to dslx_gm

well i thought i would be getting good speeds based on my estimate distance from the co. i only wanted good internet speed, not the phone. hopefully dsl services gets better since its the only viable internet service available in my area.

seanieb
Interesting.

join:2007-07-30
Escondido, CA
reply to dslx_gm

Any ideas about (northern) San Diego?

I'm asking because we maintain a line with AT&T whose cost is going to hit ~$27 for measured rate phone service next month, on top of DSL, so I was considering taking the plunge on U-verse after ~8 years on DSLX, so if we could pay ~$10 more a month, get a few more Mbit, and drop that phone line I would take it in a heartbeat.

My commitment with DSLX is up in April.
--
Sean Brackeen
Founder, Lost Signal Webhosting - Shared, VPS, and Dedicated solutions.
»lostsignalweb.com/

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

Hey seanieb,

I checked your account - it looks like you're connected to a nearby Remote Terminal, rather than to the Central Office (which is further away). Unfortunately, this prevents us from offering you Fusion at this time. Even if we did try to get Fusion set up for you, it'd probably deliver slower speeds than your current connection, due to the short distance to RT vs. long distance to CO.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA
reply to dslx_gm

can someone check my line to see if its good so it wont affect my speed. im not a tech person so not sure if my line is good or not.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

When you asked about this earlier, I predicted you'd probably get between 3-6Mbps downstream, and you're getting 4.6 right now, so it looks like my prediction was pretty spot-on. I'm seeing some fluctuations in the line readings, though, so I'll open a ticket to have one of our techs investigate and see if there's something we can optimize on the line.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

i tried the phone jack down stairs and it seems the speed have gone up a little to 5214 on my router. ill try other jacks to see if its the same.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

also tried a new phone cord and router shows 5338. upload remains same.

kenjai7373

El Monte, CA

speed drops to 4443 using the old jack with new phone cord. u have any good routers to recommend? im using a 2wire 2701hg-b. thanks for the help.

Ryanevans21

join:2013-02-05
Los Angeles, CA

1 edit
reply to dslx_gm

can you check our line too?

like last week my speed almost reach 4mbps (3.80mbps to be exact) and now im getting 2.20mbps or lower.

my account name is RyanEvans21

askharry7

join:2013-02-15
Sherman Oaks, CA
reply to dslx_gm

I have 2-line telephones in my house - two 2-line wall phones and four 2-line desk telephones. My alarm system is also on the line that I would install the DSL. That means I need to filter 7 places, is that a problem? Does your DSL filters work for 2-line instruments as I understand it takes a special filter.

Also, what would be the cost to have my 2nd voice line on your telephone service (without any DSL). ATT charges me $30 and it doesn't include the free long distance.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

@RyanEvans21: I'll look into that for you.

@askharry: You'll probably want to use what's called an MPOE filter (a filter that gets installed out at the phone box) if you've got that many devices plugged in. I'm not sure about how much it'd be for that second phone line; let me check with with Billing on Monday and I'll get back to you on that.

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

@askharry: I checked with our Billing department on Monday and we unfortunately don't have that option set up currently. I checked with upper-management today; it's still in development, and I plan to post an update once it's available, but it may be a little while yet.

slavaluk

join:2000-01-26
Los Angeles, CA
reply to dslx_gm

Hi George,

I've checked with Nick but he wasn't sure. Hope you could answer a couple of questions I have regarding Fusion.

I'm currently on ADSL and pulling 5.25mb/0.65mb with 6-7ms pings to the gateway. My line is in pretty good shape and I'm pretty close to the CO.

Nick mentioned that with Fusion gateway pings will be around 35ms, which seems odd to me unless this is some sort of an interleaved profile. Will my current ping indeed increase 7x with Fusion? That would be a reason for me NOT to switch to Fusion. So, based on my current line conditions, would you be able to provide a more definitive info on what kind of pings and speed I can expect with Fusion.

Anyone else who did the switch for the top speed tier ADSL to Fusion, could you please share your experiences?

Thanks a lot!

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA

For the record, I said MOST Fusion customers have about 35ms ping. I also told you we cannot definitively tell you what your ping time will be in advance, but your connection MAY be under 35ms ping under Fusion, if you're currently getting such low ping on regular DSL now.

Scio me nihil scire, heh.

Yes, the connection is set to Interleave by default. Fastpath may work well for regular ADSL, but Interleave usually works better for ADSL2+. If you're more concerned about ping time than actual speed, we can usually set your connection to Fastpath instead if preferred... but it's not something I'd normally recommend.

dslx_gm
Premium,VIP
Chatsworth, CA
reply to slavaluk

Hi slavaluk,

As Nick indicated the connections by default are set to Interleaved hence the slightly higher ping to the gateway. I am finding that with most everything these days the difference isn't critical and that the circuits tend to be more stabled at a higher sync rate. With that said we do have the ability to set a connection to FastPath. You can always request it and we can set it. That generally decreases the speed a bit but if you have a clean line like you indicated you shouldn't have an issue. I would definitely recommend switching over.

Thanks
--
George
General Manager
DSL Extreme
Will work for reviews.

igeneralzod

join:2013-02-08
Pomona, CA
reply to dslx_gm

Hello DSL Extreme,

You're not in my area yet but on your website it says coming soon to Orange County mid - late 2013. My question is do you think I would get decent speed (increase) with Fusion? I'm 7100 ft from the CO and with your 6000/768 package I'm getting around 5200/610.

Thanks