how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gadawg

join:2006-01-27
Louisville, KY

Moving DVR's

Is there any problem switching DVR's from one TV to another? I want to move the main DVR(the black Cisco box) to a TV that has a silver box and the silver box to the TV with the black box.

sempergoofy
Premium
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

No problem. I did that for a while.

The remote control may require reprogramming for the "other" TV.
--
nohup rm -fr /&

nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

Is your DVR a whole home DVR? you should be able to record and play back on all TVs. If you don't connect it right a U-Verse Tech will gladly come out and move them for you for a fee. Sadly if there is nothing wrong with the service you have to pay for any truck rolls.

Rangersfan

@sbcglobal.net

U-verse only has a whole home DVR.

nrobot80

join:2012-12-05
Union City, GA

When U-Verse first hit the market, the whole home DVR wasn't available yet. If he is an original U-Verse customer he may want to upgrade. He needs to swap DVRs.

gadawg

join:2006-01-27
Louisville, KY
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to nrobot80

said by nrobot80:

Is your DVR a whole home DVR? you should be able to record and play back on all TVs. If you don't connect it right a U-Verse Tech will gladly come out and move them for you for a fee. Sadly if there is nothing wrong with the service you have to pay for any truck rolls.

It is a whole house DVR. They all work fine. I just don't like the look of the silver box with all my black Home theater components.

Rangersfan

@sbcglobal.net
reply to nrobot80

said by nrobot80:

When U-Verse first hit the market, the whole home DVR wasn't available yet. If he is an original U-Verse customer he may want to upgrade. He needs to swap DVRs.

Your information is inaccurate. The whole house DVR was a software update not a hardware update. No swap of a DVR is needed.