Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: FTL: Anyone try this?

Aha, finally beat it!
And without breaking a sweat, this time. Got lucky enough with the stores and managed to pick up the perfect upgrades. The final ship was barely able to get past my shields as I kept bombarding all his weapon systems.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Aha, finally beat it!
And without breaking a sweat, this time. Got lucky enough with the stores and managed to pick up the perfect upgrades. The final ship was barely able to get past my shields as I kept bombarding all his weapon systems.

So what weapon loadout worked for you?

I got to the rebel flagship last night, finally. Had great luck with scrap throughout the game and was rich with a 4-shield ship and high evasion, plus seven crew members and other upgrades. Only problem was I hardly found any weapons the entire game. Was flying the Kestrel and all I had was the Artemis missile launcher, the 3-shot beam weapon you start with, a high refire-rate ion beam that I got as a free random drop, and a Pike Beam.

Didn't have enough power to run all 4 weapons at once and the flagship had 4 shields that I needed to cut through. Started hitting their shield generator with ion blasts then dropping missiles on it, and simultaneously hitting their drone system with laser bursts. Broke the flagship apart but took a beating, down to about 25% hull. Then they jumped away! You mean it's not over? Oh no, not by a long shot.

By then all repair stations were overrun and I couldn't fix the ship in time. I jumped after the flagship and was dismayed to find myself surrounded by attack drones. Was blown to smithereens in about 30 seconds.

So close.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

I had two burst lasers II, a heavy laser II, and a heavy laser I.

The burst lasers would take out shields and shield systems right away, the heavy laser II would take out the weapon systems and the heavy laser I would be used on either engines or drone system.

Plus I had a weapon pre-igniter and the reloader. That gave me a huge advantage over everyone. And a repair arm insured that my hull was always repairing partially after every fight.

@Tiger the game is very short and basic. It's like an old arcade game... but it is super fun and addicting. I think I put in 12+ hours already since I got it.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

said by ekster:

I had two burst lasers II, a heavy laser II, and a heavy laser I.

The burst lasers would take out shields and shield systems right away, the heavy laser II would take out the weapon systems and the heavy laser I would be used on either engines or drone system.

Plus I had a weapon pre-igniter and the reloader. That gave me a huge advantage over everyone. And a repair arm insured that my hull was always repairing partially after every fight.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the sheer number of shots you could fire (each laser burst darkening a shield) was the key. I'll keep that in mind.

I had the pre-igniter and the one that gives a 15% bonus to weapon recharge as well. Just couldn't fire enough shots to keep their shields down. Only damage I did was through missiles, I think. Which was fine, but with only the Artemis it took way too long.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Yeah, 2 burst lasers II = 6 shots. It's perfect to take down the shields. Only other important part is to wait till all the weapons are fully charged if the shields are up... as firing at shields, letting them regenerate, then firing again with the other weapons is pointless.

Got to time the heavy hitters a second after the burst lasers... like that you can take down the shields/weapon systems and make the rest of the fight really easy.