share rss forum feed

RobThompson
Caution - Newbie Alert LinuxMint
Premium
join:2012-02-14
Lasalle, QC
Reviews:
·AcroVoice

Surprise, surprise! Bell Canada ripped me off!

I was with Bell Satellite TV (for ever) and switched to Bell FibeTV (in July 2012) but that did not stop them from charging my $6.95, on my *phone bill*, for "Satellite TV Care".

In the end, they said that they would credit me - the guy worked out the credit *to the exact number of days* as I did have Bell Satellite TV for 7 days in July - I'm surprised that he didn't work it out to the nano-second.

Bell Canada is so dishonest.

I plan to switch to VoIP for my home phone - using an OBI 110 & Anveo.com

I am actively trying to switch all my friends from Bell Canada to VoIP.

I plan to bring Bell Canada to their knees and let them beg for mercy!

You all have been warned, sell your shares in BCE before they turn into wallpaper.

Never underestimate "the power of one".

Rob. (aka: David)
--
Rob.
Blog: »googlevoiceforcanadians.com/

Anonymuss

@rogers.com

*Plays circus theme music*
Doo doo doodle-loodle-loo doo doo doo.

Looks like he's got an inside trader tip.

bellcustomer

@bell.ca
reply to RobThompson

Good luck with that one.

Skydrol

join:2004-01-29
Quebec, QC
reply to RobThompson

So... they did credit you? Explain to me how this is ripping you off? You see something not right with your bill, you call them and they credit you. How is that ripping you off?

They may not have the best track record on bill "exactness" but again, not sure they are "trying" to rip you off.

RobThompson
Premium
Lasalle, QC
Reviews:
·AcroVoice

Ok, all joking aside, for those who missed the point of my post, I'll spell it out for you.

Bell Canada is an unethical company, period.

They continued to bill me the 'exact' amount that they had been billing me for a service that they had cancelled (Satellite TV) and replaced it with their new service (FibeTV).

Yes, when they were caught screwing me, by billing me for a service which they had terminated, they said: "OK, we'll remove that charge from your account". They did not say:
1) Sorry.
2) We'll credit you for our error from July to December.

I had to say "You're not just going to remove it, you're going to credit me from the time that you should not have been billing me, right?"

I was put on hold a number of times during the conversation - you can figure why.

The charge was on the 'Phone' part of my bill, not on the 'Satellite TV' part of my bill - you can figure why.

Slimy, sleazy, deceitful, unethical business practises.

Rob.
--
Rob.

Skydrol

join:2004-01-29
Quebec, QC

You changed services on your account in July (they are billing you something they should not) and you call them in January?

They have their faults, you have yours...

RobThompson
Premium
Lasalle, QC
Reviews:
·AcroVoice

You missed the point, I should have never needed to call them, ever.

When I called is immaterial.

If Bell Canada was not unethical, no call would be needed.

The timing of my call does not negate the fact that they were billing me for something that they knew they were not providing...

Is that fraud or just plain ol' robbery?
--
Rob.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

said by RobThompson:

Is that fraud or just plain ol' robbery?

Try "incompetence"

ChuckcZar

@teksavvy.com
reply to RobThompson

Unless you're 80 plus years of age there's no excuse for not installing all the satellite equipment (including wires) yourself. For what they charge for one house a whole entire street should be erected.

MFido

join:2012-10-19
kudos:2
reply to RobThompson

You rarely can find a bigger Bell hater than me

BUT in this specific situation I guess it is just Bell incompetence. They forgot to take out an "add-on" charge associated with your Sat product when you switched.

But as they agree to credit you, it is not a rip off.

Also I agree with the others that you should have called the next month, not waiting for that long.

But I am totally with you to be pissed off about it.

And of course Bell IS a DISHONEST company, maybe THE MOST DISHONEST company in Canada

(my 2c)

Prince2011

@206.172.0.x
reply to RobThompson

BTW. The Care maintenance plan is still valid for FIBE TV receivers if you still wish you keep your protection on the equipment. Reason why they kept it active for you.

watcherof

@telus.net
reply to RobThompson

Companies make thousands of dollars off of their customer base who do not monitor their bills or bank accounts on a twice monthly basis.

Needing to call in to correct a billing error is just abominable. Do they give you interest on the loan they took from you for many months? Obviously not. Do they make up for fees of your bank account being overdrawn as they automated took out to much money?(major billing errors). Only by court order from the small claims lawsuit that includes money for your time spent suing.

Both the company and user can be blamed, but there is supposed to be internal checks and balances to assure that the customer is paying the proper amount for their service. You change a service and the computer should pop up and rewrite all the necessary account information.

No matter the name on the extra charge, the name should match what is being charged for. Satellite TV care should of changed to Fib TV care. Otherwise the customer wonders why the extra charge for a non-existent service.

Egads

@videotron.ca
reply to RobThompson

said by RobThompson:

Ok, all joking aside, for those who missed the point of my post, I'll spell it out for you.

Those who have been in this forum for the past 7 years already know this.

If you look at page after page of Bell topics, you will find page-after-page of people saying the same as you, for the past 7 years.

Let us now try and focus on what this wise person said:
said by Anonymuss :

*Plays circus theme music*
Doo doo doodle-loodle-loo doo doo doo.

Welcome to the circus, RobThompson.

MildSeven

join:2013-01-16
Dorval, QC
reply to RobThompson

1st off.: Good customer service employees are hard to come by. People use Customer Service department as a way to get into a company, so all the good ones with experience leave. Who wants to listen to people complain even if the pay is good.

2nd: all companies have billing issues, billing is done by systems and maintained by people... there could be a wrong rule here or there with all the million price plans/features out there. What's important is that it gets fixed in the end.

Banks and Credit cards companies are the ones I find who make the most mistake in this department.

Overall.: I've very happy with Bell (Cell, Home Phone, Internet, IP TV). Was with Videotron briefly, found them expensive and didn't offer same channels.

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to RobThompson

Well there is a wire care for phone service.