All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Doug Parizo
@comcast.net

Doug Parizo to Doug Parizo

Anon

to Doug Parizo

Re: [Connectivity] I have a TM822; should I install it?

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I got it from Comcast by responding to the notice they sent me. It appears to cost $7 per month.

Deee
@comcast.net

Deee

Anon

So you are saying that you are already getting Comcast voice, and the modem is in your attic?

If this is the case, it is just a matter of swapping out your existing phone modem with your new one.

If they contacted you, it sounds like you probably have an end-of-life device, and it is likely a very old model.
I'd swap it out if I were you.
All you have to do is plug it in instead of your old one, and contact Comcast to activate the new one.
You will likely see much better speeds.

flwpwr
@comcast.net

flwpwr

Anon

he has a seperate phone and HSI modem, basically they sent him an EMTA to do the HSI, becasue they are a third party company contracted to do the mail outs and they saw CDV and went that route without reading further to see he has 2 separate devices. What will happen is at some point the system will try to move all services to one box, either HSI to the one in the attic or phone to the one he has now. When it does this he will have to call in, try to get a phone rep to understand something they have no knowledge of, and end up getting dispatched a tech who may get it fixed, only for the computer system to do it again at another date.

Some designs are just bad from the get go, this would be one of them. I go to these calls all the time. I end up runnig a new phone line if they let me and putting one eMTA in where the computer is to do both.

As to the 822, yeah I misread it as the dory [TG 862] model not paying enough attention.