Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to sethrocon3

Premium Member

to sethrocon3

Re: New speeds Rogers cable - Teksavvy watch out

Flip flopping like a fish, every time you hear this or that speed + rate costing is better on the other side of the pasture, then laying out the funds to switch over then back then over from isp to isp repeatedly must get kind of spendy; especially if you're doing it quite frequently eh?

Is this kind of churn, really saving you money in the long run?

Not to be critical, but I'm just curious.
sethrocon3
join:2013-01-12

sethrocon3

If start doesn't charge any setup fee for switching over then it's worth it. I have no problems with Teksavvy internet and my uptime, never down in the last 5 months over cable. (cuz I always set secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8 lol) But as I said earlier they have to keep on top of things. 1mbps-4mbps in the Canadian ISP world is massive, plus the extra 17mbps down speed...

Flip flop is worth it, drive the industry. Especially with what I would like from my ISP. I would rather have slower download speed with more equal upload speed if it were up to me, I love the sound of 25/10 dsl but its not offered in my area.

(sorry for my terrible grammer and spelling, I am a tool and die maker!)
nitric
join:2012-01-29

nitric to TwiztedZero

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

Flip flopping like a fish, every time you hear this or that speed + rate costing is better on the other side of the pasture, then laying out the funds to switch over then back then over from isp to isp repeatedly must get kind of spendy; especially if you're doing it quite frequently eh?

When someone changes from Rogers to Teksavvy does that make them a 'flip flopper'? I came to Teksavvy because of the pricing and bandwidth caps. I guess I stabbed Rogers in the back and kicked his dog too?

If you're with a TPIA then you get a free transfer to Start. Let's say I had to pay the fee and Teksavvy wouldn't get the upgraded speeds for a year. I'm paying an extra $4 a month to be able to get a huge upgrade in upload speed and a decent kick to download. That's well worth it to me and I'm certain to many others.

As I said, I don't have anything against Teksavvy. Hell, I don't have anything against Rogers. But as a consumer I'm going to go with what is best for me. If Teksavvy gives a decent offering like 35/3 then I'll likely stay but keeping 28/1 when I can get a HUGE boost for a simple transfer... it's a no brainer. It would be much less hassle if they do.. so honestly I hope they do.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

said by nitric:

said by TwiztedZero:

When someone changes from Rogers to Teksavvy does that make them a 'flip flopper'? I came to Teksavvy because of the pricing and bandwidth caps. I guess I stabbed Rogers in the back and kicked his dog too?

If you're with a TPIA then you get a free transfer to Start. Let's say I had to pay the fee and Teksavvy wouldn't get the upgraded speeds for a year. I'm paying an extra $4 a month to be able to get a huge upgrade in upload speed and a decent kick to download. That's well worth it to me and I'm certain to many others.

As I said, I don't have anything against Teksavvy. Hell, I don't have anything against Rogers. But as a consumer I'm going to go with what is best for me. If Teksavvy gives a decent offering like 35/3 then I'll likely stay but keeping 28/1 when I can get a HUGE boost for a simple transfer... it's a no brainer. It would be much less hassle if they do.. so honestly I hope they do.

Yeah, there's really no arguing with this. Consumers are going to do what's best for them, and there are really no barriers to switching from one non-contract service to another in this case. If TSI can't get the upgraded speeds in a reasonable amount of time, I think a lot of people are going to be looking at that Start offer and thinking that a 200% upload bump is worth $4 a month and 50GB of usage.