uniqs
share rss forum feed

mwoodj

join:2001-10-27
Madison, AL
Reviews:
·Callcentric

Speed Drop?

It seems like I've experienced a drop in speed over the last couple of days. I have an account that was grandfathered into the top tier from when there was only standard service and "the edge". For years I have consistently tested at 30/7 or better. Recently I've been testing closer to 25/7. I didn't really feel a need to complain about that. This week I am testing at 13/7. It seems like 13 is a cap. I tried »speedtest.net, »speakeasy.net, and »speedtest.knology.net. The results are similar on all of them. Has anyone else seen this in their area? Is Knology reducing speeds or is this a consequence of their recent system failure? Will speeds return to normal? I'm not very happy with what I'm seeing from Knology since WOW! took over. I know the failure this week affected all of the Southeast but a few weeks before at least all of Huntsville experienced a similar outage. I can't remember the last time an outage like that happened before Knology was sold.

Here is the result I got from speedtest.net:

mwoodj

join:2001-10-27
Madison, AL
Reviews:
·Callcentric
My speed is looking a lot better today. I will try again around the same time as the results I posted last night to see if the speed drops like that again.

Here are my current results: