RobThompson
Caution - VoIP Challenged Alert
Premium Member
join:2012-02-14
J8G 0C9

RobThompson to Skydrol

Premium Member

to Skydrol

Re: Surprise, surprise! Bell Canada ripped me off!

Ok, all joking aside, for those who missed the point of my post, I'll spell it out for you.

Bell Canada is an unethical company, period.

They continued to bill me the 'exact' amount that they had been billing me for a service that they had cancelled (Satellite TV) and replaced it with their new service (FibeTV).

Yes, when they were caught screwing me, by billing me for a service which they had terminated, they said: "OK, we'll remove that charge from your account". They did not say:
1) Sorry.
2) We'll credit you for our error from July to December.

I had to say "You're not just going to remove it, you're going to credit me from the time that you should not have been billing me, right?"

I was put on hold a number of times during the conversation - you can figure why.

The charge was on the 'Phone' part of my bill, not on the 'Satellite TV' part of my bill - you can figure why.

Slimy, sleazy, deceitful, unethical business practises.

Rob.
Skydrol
join:2004-01-29
Quebec, QC

Skydrol

You changed services on your account in July (they are billing you something they should not) and you call them in January?

They have their faults, you have yours...

RobThompson
Caution - VoIP Challenged Alert
Premium Member
join:2012-02-14
J8G 0C9

RobThompson

Premium Member

You missed the point, I should have never needed to call them, ever.

When I called is immaterial.

If Bell Canada was not unethical, no call would be needed.

The timing of my call does not negate the fact that they were billing me for something that they knew they were not providing...

Is that fraud or just plain ol' robbery?
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

said by RobThompson:

Is that fraud or just plain ol' robbery?

Try "incompetence"

Egads
@videotron.ca

Egads to RobThompson

Anon

to RobThompson
said by RobThompson:

Ok, all joking aside, for those who missed the point of my post, I'll spell it out for you.

Those who have been in this forum for the past 7 years already know this.

If you look at page after page of Bell topics, you will find page-after-page of people saying the same as you, for the past 7 years.

Let us now try and focus on what this wise person said:
said by Anonymuss :

*Plays circus theme music*
Doo doo doodle-loodle-loo doo doo doo.

Welcome to the circus, RobThompson.
MildSeven
join:2013-01-16
Dorval, QC

MildSeven to RobThompson

to RobThompson
1st off.: Good customer service employees are hard to come by. People use Customer Service department as a way to get into a company, so all the good ones with experience leave. Who wants to listen to people complain even if the pay is good.

2nd: all companies have billing issues, billing is done by systems and maintained by people... there could be a wrong rule here or there with all the million price plans/features out there. What's important is that it gets fixed in the end.

Banks and Credit cards companies are the ones I find who make the most mistake in this department.

Overall.: I've very happy with Bell (Cell, Home Phone, Internet, IP TV). Was with Videotron briefly, found them expensive and didn't offer same channels.