spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TELUSV1000H
@telus.net

TELUSV1000H

Anon

[BC] TELUS Actiontec V1000H issues. anybody from TELUS listening

I recently had my 5year old TELUS internet service upgraded to the 25Mbps Optik Turbo package.. as many know this comes with the new Actiontec V1000H combo modem/router.. what a piece of junk this is.. my 5yr old Ewire modem (TELUS provided this unit) has way more features than the V1000H.. here's some gotta's if you are considering this model/router :-

1) Admin password does not except special characters!
2) You can only perform DHCP pre-allocations from 1-63 of the 192.168.1.x even though the router clearly can assign upto .253.
3) You can't change the IP range from 192.168.1.x .63 (sometimes to wireless devices and sometimes to wired) I thought perhaps wirless got >63 and wired 63.. sure hope that works although I have seen some posts here indicating that is also broken..

Anybody have similiar issues with this modem/router? Hopefully somebody from TELUS reads this post and can comment..

TIA.

P.
queerDSL
join:2003-07-08
Vancouver, BC

queerDSL

Re: [BC] TELUS Actiontec V1000H issues. anybody from TELUS liste

When logged in as root (which requires a different, distinct password*), you can change at least some of those. I wouldn't be too concerned about the lack of special characters - a longer password with no special characters is just as secure.

*If there were any piece of information you wanted to receive from nobody in particular, that the mods would not allow to be posted publicly in the forum, you would have to be a registered user in order to receive it by PM.