Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

IAMgraphic

join:2013-01-15
Dallas, TX

1 edit

AT&T DSL - Outgoing Email Access Denied After Password Reset

Hello. Some help would surely be appreciated. Tried ATT chat / live tech support - they gave up.

System: Mac OSX 10.6.8, MS Entourage 2008, ATT DSL, Wireless
Acct: [deleted]
Problem: I've had an AT&T DSL account for 3 years, has worked all along. Reset email acct password, and outgoing email went down. Get Error: "Access denied, username/password /security setting may be incorrect". I have reset the account p/w several times, and outgoing mail has worked a couple times - for only a few minutes. I can log in to ATT.com to modify the account using the same ID/password. Checked all SMTP settings, ports etc. All appears good on this end, but still get "Access Denied".

Thanks,

Tom

--kc

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
Premium,MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
kudos:11

Are you using, 'smtp.att.yahoo.com:465' with SSL? If so, try, 'outbound.att.net:465' with SSL.
--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
~To Konnyu, with the Lion and the Drum

IAMgraphic

join:2013-01-15
Dallas, TX
reply to IAMgraphic

Norman -

Thank you sir for your response. Really is appreciated. I was using the settings you suggested (outbound... / 465 / SSL), yes - to no avail. However, I do have good news to report. After a couple days of trying to get it fixed, I decided on a different approach.

Prayer did the trick. Returned from morning meetings to find it fully operational. Thank you Lord. And thanks again Norman for your time & advice.

Tom

jimkyle
Btrieve Guy
Premium
join:2002-10-20
Oklahoma City, OK
kudos:2
Reviews:
·AT&T Southwest

Apparently AT&T had some major problems earlier this week in our area, that scrambled some profile settings. My service was out for almost 12 hours, first with a network problem that kept me from receiving any packets, and once that was resolved upstream, I was still unable to connect because my network password had become scrambled. Fortunately, "Paula" at the first-level help desk was able to get that reset properly although it took her two tries before she was successful!
--
Jim Kyle