kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Mike

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online

said by Mike:

It's a MMO that isn't WoW 2006 or EQ1.

It's going to be 9 train wrecks.

STOP MAKING MMOS PEOPLE. YOU GUYS SUCK AT THEM.

However I support that skyrim multiplayer idea. I would shoot rolled up things of $20s at them.

this is probably the smartest thing ive read in the forums in 4 months

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ

1 recommendation

reply to bionicRod

I guess playing WoW for so long made me sick of the thousands of people just standing around a mailbox, or a AH employee, or a quest giver...

It felt as if i was just one of a thousand others doing the same cattle fed job.. (i know i was, but still..) In LoTRO, it at least felt as if you were an actual adventurer, not another user.

Honestly, i played WoW by my self for a good part of it, then w/ my wife and the guild.. So even if it is a MMO i still like the single player aspect of a game.
--
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?
Tech Joseph: Yes, you are correct.

Ast1

@213.152.245.x
reply to I AM

Its about time Elder Scrolls went Multiplayer. I think I would prefer just a normal multiplayer, but I will try out an MMO.

I actually like fantasy games so glad its a fantasy MMO that is coming out. I hope it can be good because I need my MMO fix and there just isn't much worth playing. I can't stand WoW, I enjoyed Rift but the wife has stopped which means my playtim is more limited, so a new one we can both play would be good.

I tried GW2 but it got boring very quick, it had the best non subscription mode of any game I've played, but unfortunately the game just didn't grip me. Some nice ideas in it though.
I have no issue with a subscription game as I hate F2P models currently around and £10 or less a month really is nothing so I get value for money.

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
reply to TheThing

So. I was off yesterday so did not pay much attention to the thread. Yes a sub would really hurt my chances of playing.

BUT lets say they can just pull of Skyrim Online. Who wouldn't like that? But right now everything is just hopes and dreams. We will have to wait.

I mainly created this thread to bring attention to a game that many may not know was being developed.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to I AM

You guys all realize that refusing to pay a monthly sub is fueling the race to the bottom, right?

GW2 isn't THAT amazing - and f2p models invariably turn into p2w models...

If the content is good, I'll pay the price.
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to I AM

Looks like they have opened the BETA testing applications.
»signup.elderscrollsonline.com/

Here are some BETA FAQs:
»help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/···a_id/679
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

IamGimli

join:2004-02-28
Canada
kudos:2
reply to I AM

I'd play an Elder Scrolls MMORPG, if only I hadn't taken an arrow to the knee...

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to I AM

People need to put me in the gaming industry to turn this thing around.

I could make people want to play D3 again.

I could make new MMOs not suck.

I could design new games that would hook people so bad, there'd be rehab centers.

Someone, please hire me.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

Seriously, Blizzard.

Put me in Jay Wilson's old spot and you'll have a D3 subscriber base again.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
reply to drew

Disagree completely.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
reply to drew

League of Legends is a prime example of a game that is free to play, zero ability for pay-to-win, is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and has development efforts like any other professional game out there.

Game development companies have refused to acknowledge the LoL F2P-not-P2W model. Even when they acknowledge it, they go with a stonewall-unless-you-pay model.

You have to give the game away, for free. You have to creatively let people pay for status symbols, like skins or other cosmetic things, not to unlock additional units, not to unlock additional functionalities of the game.

Too many people fucking up the F2P model and it makes it look bad.

That and there's too much garbage, or just the same shit we've already played over and over.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to I AM

I absolutely refuse to pay a monthly fee for a game anymore.

I don't care how good the game is or how many people play it, I'm not paying a monthly subscription.

It's been proven many times over by other free to play games, that a monthly subscription isn't needed.

You gotta figure over the years with WoW, the dollar amount of my subscription time easily adds up to well over $1,000.00

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

Signed up and got in!

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

said by I AM:

Signed up and got in!

They already sent you an email giving access? I gotta check my email at home later today if that's the case.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA

K. I lie. I just wanted to troll you guys.

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

If were standing in front of me right now, I'd choke you out.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

wheres my money Smokey!

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

What. No long gaze into each other's eye?

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to EUS

It's a race to the bottom. The publisher expects a profit.

People are going to devour content extremely quickly. After the initial box cost development effort comes from what income source?
--
flickr | 'Cause I've been waiting, all my life just waiting
For you to shine, shine your light on me

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth

I think that's why kickstarters have been so popular, to cut the publisher out. Many of them have been ruining games.
--

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV
reply to I AM

said by I AM:

said by Ghastlyone:

What. No long gaze into each other's eye?

haha

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
canada
reply to drew

Believing that monthly subscriptions increases quality is a fallacy, because quality is subjective.
--
~ Project Hope ~

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
reply to I AM

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jNT5cMwxw0

Link to the new trailer, cuz Jobbie being a whiner. (Requested the other thread be closed. HAPPY NOW...JESUS!!!)

Ghastlyone
Premium
Las Vegas, NV

said by Koil:

HAPPY NOW...JESUS!!!)

I don't think this is Jobbie's name. I believe he goes by Jose.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10

is everyone on the rag this month? seems like everyone is a bit off and ornery lately

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
reply to Ghastlyone

said by Ghastlyone:

said by Koil:

HAPPY NOW...JESUS!!!)

I don't think this is Jobbie's name. I believe he goes by Jose.

said by Goggalor:

Jim once saved a cartel boss named Javier Jobbie Jimenez (3J for short) from a hitman, so he's set for life.

You can call me 3J.

That is not my name either... :-D
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ
reply to TheThing

said by TheThing:

is everyone on the rag this month? seems like everyone is a bit off and ornery lately

New year resolutions maybe? Not enough hugs..

BTW.. 'I AM'... damn you, i got excited reading you got in, logged into my home computer to check mail and see if i got in.

For those of us that did "Sign Up" on the right it gave you the "chance of getting in" with "Average / Above Average / ?? / ??" when you were filling out the form. How "Likely" were you to getting in? Mine was at "Above Average" my Wife's was "Average"..

I hope someone here gets in and can give screen caps of actual gameplay.
--
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?
Tech Joseph: Yes, you are correct.

TigerLord
Resident pentaxian
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8
reply to I AM

RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The game will NEVER be this awesome. I had an erection during the ranger assassin bit. Too bad ass.

No way the game will give me erections like this.

It's impossible.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10

All of a sudden im aroused

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

A match made in heaven.