[Updated] [Free] PDFCreator 1.6.2 released
PDFCreator 1.6.2 released - 2013-01-14 18:36
quote: Download: »www.pdfforge.org/download
We are happy to announce PDFCreator 1.6.2 today.
This is a bugfix release.
The release fixes brings to components in different version. MSCOMCTL.OCX is included in a newer version because a security problem ahs been found. Ghostscript was downgraded to 9.05, because 9.05 has a memory leak which causes a high memory consumption when a lot of PDFs are converted, like in server mode.
We have also fixed a problem in the pdfcmon on Terminal Servers. The detection for the Session name encoding (hex or decimal) was broken and did only work, when logging was activated.
You can also find a full list in the changelog: »www.pdfforge.org/content/whats-new
We hope that you enjoy this new release!
• Downgraded Ghostscript to 9.05 due to a memory leak in 9.06
• Updated MSCOMCTL.OCX to include the latest version
• Some translations were updated
• pdfcmon contained a bug on Terminal Servers with disabled logging. Activating logging made it disappear. This is fixed now.
• Fixed a problem when PDF encryption was enabled, but no password provided. This resulted in an empty PDF file. Now entering a password is enforced.
• Fixed some minor bugs
• No hyperlinks possible (Hyperlinks for MS Word are possible with the combination of PDF-T-Maker and PDFCreator.)
• There are problems if non-ANSI characters exist in the title. This causes Ghostscript to not create a file at all. Avoid such characters as a workaround.