share rss forum feed

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to bigdaddy

Re: [CFL] Turbo/Lightning speed upgrade in CFL???

said by bigdaddy:

I'm not saying to do it overnight I'm just saying to implement it as a policy going forward.

How do you know it isn't already? My point is you are making some pretty wild assumptions without having much to go on. I think your first clue is that Turbo is now a D3 product only going forward.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to BHNtechXpert

bigdaddy

join:2009-11-18
kudos:2

3 edits
reply to BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by bigdaddy:

Making wild assumptions no. Making a suggestion yes. first of all I was mainly referring to customers with RR standard not necessarily RR turbo. RR standard user's to my knowledge are equipped with DOCSIS 2.0 CPE if I'm not mistaken.

Like I said baby steps Bigdaddy....all good things happen in time.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

jimmyjon

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert
So how much more is Lightning now if you want to install new services? I know back then it was $15 more for Lightning if you had turbo, so now it will be $20?

I am confused a bit, People that had Lightning before will be paying more to get 60Mbps when new subscribers will be paying less (no extra $5) ?

JuanMiguel

@bhn.net
reply to ispalten
I called Brighthouse tonight. They rolled me onto the 30/2 for no fee.
I also sched. a modem swap for a D3 modem and they were able to get me an appointment for tomorrow.

VERY PLEASED WITH SERVICE.
WOULD BUY AGAIN
A+++++++++++++++++

skatermike21

join:2012-09-08
Brooksville, FL
reply to ispalten
Just got off the phone with brighthouse. After being transfered 6 times I finally got to someone who knew what I was talking about and got my upgrade.

New speeds:

Tampa user

@bhn.net
For BHNtechXpert:

Why does changeout of the modem from D2 to D3 require a tech visit? I've just gone by your location and swapped a piece of equipment in the past. Saves BHN expense and me wait time. What needs to be done besides physically hooking up the new unit?

Thanks.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Tampa user :

For BHNtechXpert:

Why does changeout of the modem from D2 to D3 require a tech visit? I've just gone by your location and swapped a piece of equipment in the past. Saves BHN expense and me wait time. What needs to be done besides physically hooking up the new unit?

Thanks.

D3 modems need to be installed by our techs especially on the first visit to make sure your signal levels are proper. It's just easier for all involved to have us install it verses you go down to the lobby and grab one only to find out afterwards you still need a tech to resolve signal issues that will impact the D3 modem.
--

RickM

join:2010-10-06
Winter Springs, FL
upgraded from 40 to 60 and got a 68 on the Bright House Speed test

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to ispalten
Guys I been using a D3 modem for almost 2 years now first with Turbo, then now with Lightning. I can tell you the difference is night and day, everything is much more faster and smoother. I praise BHN for pushing out the D3 modems to replace the older dusty modems.
With that being said my only gripe would be all D3 modems that are provided by BHN are modem/router combo units, which can be a pain if you are a gamer and need certain ports open. Some customers art geeky like me and never heard of bridge mode. So things can get a tad bit frustrating.
For the most part I'm a very Happy BHN customer their customer support is the best around, and their Internet Speed tiers are perfect
--
Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

JuanMiguel

@bhn.net
reply to ispalten
Brighthouse showed up 30 mins earlier than expected.
Swap took literally 5 mins

only problem is the tech:
#1 didn't know about the speed increases announced yesterday
#2 said that the new Motorola Modem/Router combo came in bridge mode by default (the home office he called told him this)

so I had to call into the office to have them enable bridge mode. took about 5 mins and I am good to go

I get a solid 34 down and 2.25 up

a big shout out to Gary here on the forums. I told the district manager on the call to get my modem bridged how great of a point person he was on the forums.
hopefully Gary gets a raise out of it

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by JuanMiguel :

Brighthouse showed up 30 mins earlier than expected.
Swap took literally 5 mins

only problem is the tech:
#1 didn't know about the speed increases announced yesterday
#2 said that the new Motorola Modem/Router combo came in bridge mode by default (the home office he called told him this)

so I had to call into the office to have them enable bridge mode. took about 5 mins and I am good to go

I get a solid 34 down and 2.25 up

a big shout out to Gary here on the forums. I told the district manager on the call to get my modem bridged how great of a point person he was on the forums.
hopefully Gary gets a raise out of it

Thank you...if you have any questons let me know... I would like to verify you are indeed in bridge mode so if you want to open a direct forums thread...just put your IP in it I'll take a look and if not do it now.
--

Guide_Tim

join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA
Reviews:
·Bright House
Direct Forums Thread to post your IP »Bright House Networks Direct
Gary deserves a raise , he is just so amazing and we all appreciate his hard work
--
Bakersfield Region Taft CA Brighthouse Customer Since 2003

TURBO1112

join:2010-04-28
Dade City, FL
reply to ispalten
That Gary is OK I guess

JuanMiguel

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert
Thanks Gary!

not needed though. I was receiving a message to check my firewall for ports so I knew it wasn't bridged

guy on the phone was really helpful and after he put it in bridged mode and I reset the modem it worked like a charm

everything is plugging along. thanks again

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to ispalten
Very good thanks for the update...

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL
reply to ispalten
Click for full size
60Mbps Service
Upgraded, WOW...
--
Irv Spalten

tdar

join:2004-04-05
Satellite Beach, FL
said by ispalten:

Upgraded, WOW...

Wow Indeed. My Upgrade was super easy (Thanks to our local forum BH member!) and my speeds match yours. Very happy today!

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
reply to ispalten
To ispalten.......Upgrade added $5.00 more a Month to your Bill?

Going from 45+ to 60+...can you honestly say you see a difference? Seems to me once you past a certain Dn Speed it is no longer "How Fast", it more How Many can be using service at the same time and not affect speed of all users

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Cisco Kid :

Going from 45+ to 60+...can you honestly say you see a difference? Seems to me once you past a certain Dn Speed it is no longer "How Fast", it more How Many can be using service at the same time and not affect speed of all users

Only if you are talking about browsing in which case that threshold is much lower than that. Lightning isn't intended for casual browsers and maybe a file now and again....those who benefit from Lightning already have applications or needs that will take advantage of such speeds without browser restrictions.
--

ispalten

Clermont, FL
reply to Cisco Kid
said by Cisco Kid :

Like Gary said, not everyone will benefit by the speed increase. Not even sure we will. We do have 2 W8 computers on with some Live Tiles active (sucking up both CPU and iNet), and 2 iPad's with an occasional Home Theater connecting. I'll watch BHN TV on the iPad often, and my wife will play on-line with the iPad and the computers usually are on too. D/L'ing files is 'iffy' as it probably depends more on the server than the connection speed. I do get down some news group headers and I noticed a 20% speed improvement there, but time wise it isn't significant. I expect the main benefit to us will be streaming and file d/l's on servers that can match the connection speed.
--
Irv Spalten

Bacail

join:2010-11-01
Deland, FL
reply to ispalten
Click for full size
This! nom nom nom

Cisco Kid

@bhn.net
reply to ispalten
The Upcharge was $5.00 a month from 40 to 60?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Cisco Kid :

The Upcharge was $5.00 a month from 40 to 60?

Yes...

ispalten

Clermont, FL
reply to Cisco Kid
Click for full size
iPad3 Speed test w/BHN
Well, I *can* tell you the iPad's ARE faster updating! Significantly so.

I always had a slower speed on them (iPad 2 and 3) and I was told it was due to the antennae arrangement. I've got 2 speed test apps (yes Gary, I know, they are off the BHN grid, but one indicates it isn't?) and they would be around 12 - 15Mbps on one and less than 30Mbps on another. Well tonight my wife said to me the updates are really coming in fast. On her iPad2 I tested the speed (on 2.4Ghz wireless of course) and on one it 31Mbps and 46Mbps on the other.

Above you'll see my iPad3 test on what appears to be BHN, I never got over 30Mbps before on the app and it was not reliable, it bounced all over, now it seems solid?

So I might be seeing some surprising added speed I didn't expect? Should help the ESPN and BHN TV apps as well and HBO and MAXGO, which in the past have had pixelation or what I'd call lower resolution (especially ESPN).
--
Irv Spalten

jimmyjon

@rr.com
reply to jimmyjon
My question went unnoticed and still unanswered. Just re posting it.

...So how much more is Lightning now if you want to install new services? I know back then it was $15 more for Lightning if you had turbo, so now it will be $20?

I am confused a bit, People that had Lightning before will be paying more to get 60Mbps when new subscribers will be paying less (no extra $5) ?...

dengland

join:2013-01-20
Rockledge, FL
reply to ispalten
Is a MOTO 6580 the D3 refered to earlier in the thread?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by dengland:

Is a MOTO 6580 the D3 refered to earlier in the thread?

Yes..

picrthis

join:2009-12-24
Largo, FL
You mean they are now giving the modem away for FREE, as opposed to those of us that had to pay $50.00 for the new modem when lighting was first offered.....geez!

Well I got an email offer from BHN and filled out the info requested, not sure how long it will take them to bump me from 40->60