Search similar:

uniqs

Don69Fire
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
Danville, WV

Don69Fire

Premium Member

gotta get a new phone on Verizon Network...

i recently had my Motorola Droid Bionic stolen and will have to buy a new phone. and because i do not want to do an upgrade because i will have to change my plan that i do not have a contract on and lose my unlimited data. i am gonna buy a new phone off Ebay, Amazon or some where else. here is my questions for everyone.

i like the small notes that are coming out like the 7" note or the bigger phones. i watch a lot of movies off netflicks when i am deployed to different locations witht he military. it does not bother me to use a headset or bluetooth to talk on it. does anyone have any suggestions on what to get. i want to stay with thee android products simply because i can do what i want with it like customization with roms and other addons. i also done wifi tethering with my bionic and loved it. any help is greatly appreciated.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

I've been looking at the Samsung Galaxy SIII phone but I can suggest the Galaxy Note.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

1 edit

lordpuffer to Don69Fire

Premium Member

to Don69Fire
I agree that the Galaxy Note ll may work for you.....The Galaxy Note ll has a 5.5" screen, and is a phone:

»www.gsmarena.com/samsung ··· 4854.php

If you want a 7" tablet, I would go with the Nexus 7:

»play.google.com/store/de ··· MTZnYiJd

The Nexus 7 will be much less money, but is not a phone. If you want the Galaxy Note ll, I would recommend getting an unlocked one off Amazon.

Never mind - Nothing to see here.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by lordpuffer:

The Nexus 7 will be much less money, but is not a phone. If you want the Galaxy Note ll, I would recommend getting an unlocked one off Amazon.

Do you mean bootloader unlocked? There isn't really a concept of "unlocked" phones on Verizon otherwise.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by pflog:

said by lordpuffer:

Do you mean bootloader unlocked? There isn't really a concept of "unlocked" phones on Verizon otherwise.

Woops, I missed the Verizon part. It was only just in the title of the post, right in front of me.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

1 recommendation

pflog

MVM

said by lordpuffer:

Woops, I missed the Verizon part. It was only just in the title of the post, right in front of me.

hehe no worries! I just didn't want the OP to buy an "unlocked note II" then be disappointed when he couldn't use it on VZW
banner
Premium Member
join:2003-11-07
Long Beach, CA

banner to Don69Fire

Premium Member

to Don69Fire
Consider getting a Nexus 7 and a two-year old Thunderbolt. More versatility in those two devices than a new $700 handset.. It has been possible to tether a Thunderbolt to the Nexus 7 via bluetooth, but its been a while since I tried.

I am off VZW contract, have unlimited data and expect to pay full price for my next phone, so I will be following this thread. Qualcomm recently announced a better snapdragon chip so I'll wait for handsets with those if I can, but I am still curious how much handset prices drop as newer models are released.

Sick of my thunderbolt, but it does what I need well enough so I'm not ready to buy a new phone yet. I like it's inexpensive swappable battery.

Don69Fire
Premium Member
Danville, WV

Don69Fire

Premium Member

suppposedly in Q1 this year the new galaxy S4 is comming out and a 5" display. that would be sweet. i had abionic and love the tethering option on it. i was rooted and done it thru the back door. i wish the note II was available on verizon. that is a sweet tab.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to Don69Fire

to Don69Fire
Make sure you check the ESN/MEID before you buy it. You want a clean and clear ESN/MEID or you'll just have an android ipod touch on your hands

You can call em to clear the ESN or this link should work:

»www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· evice/cd

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to Don69Fire

Premium Member

to Don69Fire
Verizon Galaxy nexus can be acquired for cheap but you'll need to spend a little more on an extended battery.

If price isn't an issue then Motorolla and Samsung both sell developer editions of their phones. I think the cheapest would be $549 for droid m. But Verizon Motorola Razr Maxx HD 4G LTE would be pretty awesome for streaming netflix.

Don69Fire
Premium Member
Danville, WV

Don69Fire

Premium Member

i like the Note II. but verizon doesnt have it. i want a 5" to 7" display.

Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

»www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· eId=6055

mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero to Don69Fire

Premium Member

to Don69Fire
verizon does indeed have the Note II and you CAN unlock the bootloader provided you are savvy with flashing.
»www.youtube.com/watch?fe ··· 11EyOaBY
mromero

mromero

Premium Member

your other option is to find a a rooted and unlocked droid dna

Don69Fire
Premium Member
Danville, WV

Don69Fire

Premium Member

i had rooted my bionic, OG droid and my wifes Razzer and sons and daughters droid X and X2. most are retty simple to flash. the bionic never had an unlocked bootloader. i wished it did.