share rss forum feed

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
join:2008-10-22
Mesa, AZ
reply to I AM

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online

I would love to have another MMO to mess around with.. I've gotten my wife hooked on Skyrim.. I'm sure we could team up in the MMO (which is something she has asked me multiple times.. if we could multi-player skyrim).

However if it is going to be a Pay-Per-Month, we will not be able to play..

i am worried about the one server setup at the moment.. That is going to be one large amount of data back and forth on a server.

Either way i'm going to be keeping an eye on it. I hope it does well.
--
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?
Tech Joseph: Yes, you are correct.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1

1 edit
said by aelingil:

I would love to have another MMO to mess around with.. I've gotten my wife hooked on Skyrim.. I'm sure we could team up in the MMO (which is something she has asked me multiple times.. if we could multi-player skyrim).

However if it is going to be a Pay-Per-Month, we will not be able to play..

i am worried about the one server setup at the moment.. That is going to be one large amount of data back and forth on a server.

Either way i'm going to be keeping an eye on it. I hope it does well.

It's called MEGASERVER

but its all smoke and mirrors

to the public its supposed to be perceived as ONE server...

however its actually several servers that intelligently place you into a SHARD (open world) that's most relevant to you

where your guild is, where your friends are, etc...

want a true ONE SERVER MMO, that's called EVE online

2000 person ship battle and server crashes... yeah its got that

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
Mesa, AZ
I was going to mention that it felt like that in "LoTRO" My Wife & myself would be right next to each other but not see each other.. same server, but different "shard". (grouping up, entering / exiting a building normally fixed the issue..)

So if they are doing the same thing that is cool I liked not having to see 400 people in front of the AH (Wow could learn a thing or two.)... Plus it makes the game feel more... individual when you are not playing in a group.
--
Aelingil: I need to waste my time, my clients time and another techs time, just to fix a problem with you server & filters?

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
said by aelingil:

I was going to mention that it felt like that in "LoTRO" My Wife & myself would be right next to each other but not see each other.. same server, but different "shard". (grouping up, entering / exiting a building normally fixed the issue..)

So if they are doing the same thing that is cool I liked not having to see 400 people in front of the AH (Wow could learn a thing or two.)... Plus it makes the game feel more... individual when you are not playing in a group.

I don't like the world being empty; it's part of what made SWTOR fail for me. Two days after release and I was running across Tatooine not seeing anyone else. It felt big and empty. Even if I'm playing solo, I like seeing everyone else in an MMO and reading the mindless chat.

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
Reviews:
·Charter
I agree with the empty part. I pay and pay for MMO's for the social aspect as well. I like the game to look and feel alive. SWTOR felt very empty.

I still log onto Everquest every once in a while and it's pretty depressing. But nothing lasts forever.

tesonlinehal

@tcng.net
reply to aelingil
Does anyone know if there will be a PUBLIC BETA for this game?

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
said by tesonlinehal :

Does anyone know if there will be a PUBLIC BETA for this game?

Looks like they will have a BETA but no detail on when or how to be part of it on their website that I can see.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

aelingil
Mmm Burnt Toast
Premium
Mesa, AZ

1 recommendation

reply to bionicRod
I guess playing WoW for so long made me sick of the thousands of people just standing around a mailbox, or a AH employee, or a quest giver...

It felt as if i was just one of a thousand others doing the same cattle fed job.. (i know i was, but still..) In LoTRO, it at least felt as if you were an actual adventurer, not another user.

Honestly, i played WoW by my self for a good part of it, then w/ my wife and the guild.. So even if it is a MMO i still like the single player aspect of a game.
--