spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

LostInWoods

join:2004-04-14

Non-Java Windstream speedtest?

Now that Java has joined cholesterol and high capacity ammo magazines as things that should be avoided, what is the recommended method of testing a Windstream DSL connection's speed?

kshaws21

join:2012-12-29
Clarkesville, GA

Best method of testing speeds? Wait till 9pm, go to YouTube, click a three minute video, take a walk to the end of the street, make a sandwich, kiss your spouse, crack your knuckles then look at the video. If its gotten beyond 30 seconds while buffering, you're doing better than most...

jrw0669

join:2010-06-10
Cornelia, GA
reply to LostInWoods

Try here »testmy.net/ It is browser based,and not java dependent.

nathanroe72
I love torque

join:2010-01-15
Senecaville, OH
kudos:1
reply to kshaws21

That's the best speedtest method to date!

Cito

join:2008-09-22
Quitman, GA
reply to LostInWoods

I still like speedtest.net I get the best results from them hehe

but it's flash and such.

I own a server dude-suit.net which is a debian box I have colocated and I use it sometimes to ftp a large file to test upload/download with as well since it's located in Orlando.

course I also run a 24/7 streaming radio on it (shameless plug)

LostInWoods

join:2004-04-14
reply to LostInWoods

To be clear, I'm asking Windstream in an open forum what they recommend now that Java has been taken off the table by security concerns. The support stance has been that we should test our Windstream connection speed against the official site. But that will not run without Java being enabled.

So what is the official corporate support recommendation now for testing the speed of a Windstream connection?