mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to J E F F4

MVM

to J E F F4

Re: [The Call] So, I was on the phone with Rogers...

If your Rogers Home phone costs you $30 per month + long distances charges + any add-ones you may have like Caller ID Voice mail etc. You can save a bundle by converting to VoIP which would cost you on average $10 [or less] per month. And VoIP is so much more flexible and loaded with features and capabilities.

I've been using VoIP for the last 5 years --- I've saved a bundle --- a very big bundle.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Then he wouldn't have got the discounts on other services.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by sbrook:

That exactly is the problem. You need triple play for decent discounts. I remove the phone service, as $30 a month, but pay $65 more a month for Internet and cable...so a net loss of $35 per month, minus VoIP service.

RLBL
join:2012-11-26
Gloucester, ON

RLBL

said by J E F F4:

said by sbrook:

That exactly is the problem. You need triple play for decent discounts. I remove the phone service, as $30 a month, but pay $65 more a month for Internet and cable...so a net loss of $35 per month, minus VoIP service.

This is not entirely true.

I do not have cable TV, nor do I have a home phone.

I called the other day and they gave me extreme + 80GB for the equivalent price of: extreme with a 25% discount and 80GB for free.

(I already had extreme at 25% discount for no reason aside from calling last year, now they threw in 80GB for nothing for a total 200GB cap)

My cost is $52+tax (includes modem rental). This was enough to stop me from looking elsewhere.