how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mont

join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

Spybot Search and Destroy installation question

I am installing Spybot Search and Destroy and im ask to choose what i would like to install :
Integrate into Explorers Autoplay for new devices
Integrate all into Explorers context menu
Integrate into Internet Explorer

I don't know what are these options for and i didn't find any information for them. Do someone knows ?

Thanks

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6

This is not an answer to your direct questions,as I haven,t used spybot for many,many years...BUT for you wanting to install it, I would recommend that you read this link...»www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2412372,00.asp...
As I as noted I don,t use Spybot,so can,t vouch for the accuracy of that analysis of the program,but it is something to take into consideration!
Many members here use and recommend MWAM...»www.malwarebytes.org/products/ma···es_free/..
and...SAS...»www.superantispyware.com/index.html

Maybe someone will chime in and be able to answer your questions...Good luck.

sbconslt

join:2009-07-28
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

reply to Mont

If you're only going to use it for on-demand scanning and don't want it to integrate elsewhere, then deselect those. They do just what they say - add entries to the effect of "Scan this item with Spybot" in various shell menus and add features (I think a toolbar) in IE.

The more important option to pay attention to when installing Spybot are the background resident components (in 1.62 called sdhelper and teatimer, not sure how they appear in 2.0). If you're only doing on-demand scanning you probably don't want the extra drag from those components.
--
Scott Brown Consulting

Mont

join:2006-05-02
Saint-Leonard, QC

1 recommendation

Thanks.