spc
uniqs
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF to matcarl

to matcarl

Re: Verizon FIOS Battery Backup

Matcarl. I agree with you and was just thinking about my own parents. I have to do the simpliest thing for them like tightening their glasses arms etc. They could not replace this battery if/when it dies and so a long time ago, I told them to stick with Comcast and resist the FiOS hard sell when the guys showed up just about every week, though I like the FiOS service myself.

Verizon is now pushing fiber for the folks in NY/NJ area after Sandy. Are they gonna now expect all of the older folks in these areas that only wanted POTS, to do self maintenance on these batteries? If so, they should at least offer a service plan, like they do for inside wiring.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

Does anyone know what really happens when the battery dies? Once you've disabled the sound, doesn't everything else work just fine (except for the backup upon primary power failure)?

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

said by PJL:

Does anyone know what really happens when the battery dies? Once you've disabled the sound, doesn't everything else work just fine (except for the backup upon primary power failure)?

Everything works just fine without the battery even connected.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to PJL

to PJL
said by PJL:

Yes it's fine. I disconnected my battery six months ago and never had a problem.