how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dirt_diver

join:2012-12-21
Louisville, KY

Appia Services

Anyone have any first hand knowledge of working with Appia Services? Looking at them for a business move and Google doesn't produce much beyond press releases.

VexorgTR

join:2012-08-27
Sheffield Lake, OH
kudos:1
Reviews:
·voip.ms
I sell for Appia. I have direct contacts with them.

They have many packages.

Sip Trunk (bring your own PBX)

Hosted (lease 3CX from them)

Their rates are competitive.

5 DID's unlimited incoming, 3500 mins outgoing 77$/month.

Their offices/servers are in Michigan and Illinois.

dirt_diver

Louisville, KY
How's their uptime and redundancy? I have a rep over there already and doing a demo of the hosted PBX tomorrow. Already had one for the presence system. Pretty slick. I know they do large enterprises so I think I know your answer

VexorgTR

Sheffield Lake, OH
Reviews:
·voip.ms
Appia has auto failover between the Michigan and Illinois office.

3CX always suggests appia for business users. Big to very big is their specialty.

I honestly DON'T care for hosted PBX's. I like an in house PBX better. It's more my style I guess. At one time, I worked with RingCentral... and that soured me to hosted PBX.

lilarry
Premium
join:2010-04-06
said by VexorgTR:

and that soured me to hosted PBX.

Why?

VexorgTR

Sheffield Lake, OH
Reviews:
·voip.ms
Ring Central's interface is a train wreck of redundancy. They added the "department" feature, as a half baked version of 3CX's Ring groups.. it was awful.

RingCentral's support was dreadful too. Another customer of mine signed up for "Grasshopper" hosted PBX... it's a mess too. I like running my own PBX, picking my trunk, and rolling. If a Voip provider makes me unhappy, I can move without a total re-program of the PBX/IVR.

dirt_diver

Louisville, KY
reply to VexorgTR
Thanks for the info. I personally would like and in house system to but with all the other servers/processes I have to manage, hosted gives me some breathing room. I had a backup account with RingCentral that I had one DID with, basically for testing. I know what you mean by the department feature. When I found out that there was no way around pressing 1 to accept a call, it killed it for me. 1500 calls a day and I would have had a mutiny from my dispatchers..I put in a request to support for a direct connect and they said people have wanted that "feature" removed for 3 years.. Ouch was all I could think to say..lol. I also looked at Grasshopper. Their lack of supporting VoIP made me laugh, its POTS only. That and their outage last year that lasted DAYS was enough to steer me away..

PX Eliezer70
Premium
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River
kudos:13
Reviews:
·callwithus
·voip.ms
RingCentral:
said by dirt_diver:

When I found out that there was no way around pressing 1 to accept a call, it killed it for me. 1500 calls a day and I would have had a mutiny from my dispatchers..I put in a request to support for a direct connect and they said people have wanted that "feature" removed for 3 years.

Grasshopper:
said by dirt_diver:

Their lack of supporting VoIP made me laugh, its POTS only.

Thanks for that information, it is simply incredible.

Darwin FAIL for both of those guys.

VexorgTR

Sheffield Lake, OH
Reviews:
·voip.ms

1 edit
I have a "best of breed" mentality on all my services. In my town, Phone, TV, and Internet are all provided by different companies... so I want the best. No three "Bests" reside with one company.

I have a Satellite for TV, Cable internet, and Voip phone /w/ a 3CX and several provider trunks with a self designed fail-over.

Taking this philosophy to VoIP... I want to pick the PBX I like, and the trunk I like... I can hybrid several different company trunks to one PBX... a hosted VOIP company isn't going to do that.

Example, CallCentric is my current trunk for my little office... but CallWithUs is an option for outgoing to cut the cost of that in half. It's in there as a fallback and or outgoing trunk.