linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

Re: [OK] Another day, another Cox outage

I should have added that varmints like moles and squirrels love to chew! You may have one, but, as the engineer pointed out, there may be a pinprick in the cable sheath -- and that's enough to cause a problem. I can attest to the hell one broken wire can cause too. As he said, "There are so many things that can go wrong, and the intermittent problem is almost impossible to find. "
One has to be very patient and very determined to find it. Running you in circles and claiming it is in your house, and therefore your problem is not how to pin the tale on the donkey. Persistence usually prevails. It the drop doesn't help, it may take a year to find IT. Maybe the problem is the pedestal again.

Your next steps would be to call an old electrician .. the guy that has seen all the goofy things that go wrong in a house when it all "looks" perfect to do a whole house wiring inspection. And the phone guy to do a inside phone wiring test and inspection. I had a phone jack that looked wonderful -- until one day I moved a phone line and it fell out of the jack. Go figure. Jack broke.
said by linicx:

Engineer says the only way to test it is for Cox to install in a temporary drop from pedestal to your house.