spc
Search similar:

uniqs
scottpal4
join:2009-11-11

scottpal4

EMail issue to Hotmail

Hello all,

It appears that Synacor is having an issue delivering mail to Hotmail again. Anyone else seeing this?

>>> xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com (while not connected): 554 5.4.7 [internal]
>>> exceeded max retries without delivery

Thanks for any guidance.

SP
XJ96
join:2005-08-30

XJ96

I received the same errors in the bounced email I received yesterday to a few emails I sent on Sunday.

Others are also having the problem.

»answers.microsoft.com/en ··· 1f67465a

»answers.microsoft.com/en ··· eb0b55a4
Expand your moderator at work
scottpal4
join:2009-11-11

scottpal4 to XJ96

to XJ96

Re: EMail issue to Hotmail

Is WOW still monitoring this forum? There's a support ticketing system they need to use : »support.msn.com/eform.as ··· s&scrx=1

This is frustrating!
prospector00
join:2011-02-24
Mount Prospect, IL

prospector00 to scottpal4

to scottpal4
said by scottpal4:

Hello all,

It appears that Synacor is having an issue delivering mail to Hotmail again. Anyone else seeing this?

>>> xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com (while not connected): 554 5.4.7 [internal]
>>> exceeded max retries without delivery

Thanks for any guidance.

SP

Yes, I'm having this problem, had no idea anyone else did. Can this get fixed please?
baess
join:2011-01-28

baess to scottpal4

to scottpal4
This problem was reported on WOW's FB page on Tuesday (1/15).
XJ96
join:2005-08-30

XJ96 to scottpal4

to scottpal4
It's working now...
prospector00
join:2011-02-24
Mount Prospect, IL

prospector00

It was working for awhile, as of this morning, they are not going through again. Anyone else?
jeffdad2
join:2001-08-24
Naperville, IL

jeffdad2 to scottpal4

to scottpal4
I just had emails sent via WOW's smtp server to three different MSN/Hotmail users bounce, all with the error: "Unfortunately, messages from 64.8.70.55 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list." How do we contact WOW about this??

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by jeffdad2:

I just had emails sent via WOW's smtp server to three different MSN/Hotmail users bounce, all with the error: "Unfortunately, messages from 64.8.70.55 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list." How do we contact WOW about this??

We are already aware, and are working with MSN to resolve this. That's all the information I have at this time.
jeffdad2
Naperville, IL

jeffdad2

said by Just_Dan:

said by jeffdad2:

We are already aware, and are working with MSN to resolve this. That's all the information I have at this time.

Thanks, Dan. FYI, I just tried sending the emails again, and all three still bounced with the same error.

aes128
join:2003-12-19
Warren, MI

aes128

I have to say you might want to look into NOT using the WOW servers.

I had so many like issues with WOW email I just bought my own domain name and 6 email boxes. This is like $35/year and you might be able to find one cheaper as well. Having your own domain and being able to have whatever email name you choose is well worth $35/year to me. I no longer use WOW servers for anything except email from WOW.

I could also drop WOW and WOW, I still have the same email addresses. You can do this with some other free service but really, getting your own domain is not very expensive.
jeffdad2
Naperville, IL

jeffdad2

said by aes128:

I have to say you might want to look into NOT using the WOW servers.

I had so many like issues with WOW email I just bought my own domain name and 6 email boxes. This is like $35/year and you might be able to find one cheaper as well. Having your own domain and being able to have whatever email name you choose is well worth $35/year to me. I no longer use WOW servers for anything except email from WOW.

I could also drop WOW and WOW, I still have the same email addresses. You can do this with some other free service but really, getting your own domain is not very expensive.

Insightful points, AES; I think you're right about avoiding use of WOW's servers. For now I solved the problem by changing to a different email provider's server, but maybe I should quit chasing my tail, get my own domain, and call it a day.

aeroman
Premium Member
join:2001-03-16
Dearborn, MI

aeroman to Just_Dan

Premium Member

to Just_Dan
Hi all:
I was being blocked since the middle of January. After some calls and an email to WOW nothing happened until yesterday, 2-15. I now have gotten two messages through to my friend with a hotmail address.

So it seems things are fixed. ??
Anybody else o.k. now too??

Cheers.
aeroman