spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cabber36
@rogers.com

cabber36

Anon

The Hiltron CGN2-ROG

I bought the Hiltron CGN2-ROG the new Roger's modem. I was having problems getting a 2nd desktop to connect to the internet.
A genius of a technician just fixed the wireless problem - in house at that! There were 2 things..... TC - temperature control which had to be turned on. This feature has to do with modems being close to the computer. The modem tends to "clog" at close range and this feature boosts the signal during these times. Then, as it turns out, Avast and Windows 8 are not yet compatible. You have to turn off the Web Shield for now to get connected to the internet. Otherwise Avast stops all traffic, no matter what it is.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini

said by cabber36 :

I bought the Hiltron CGN2-ROG the new Roger's modem. I was having problems getting a 2nd desktop to connect to the internet.

That's because the second desktop cannot get on your wireless network but on another "guest" signal that the Hitron boradcasts and it's under a weird name "Rogers2850" or something like that. My network name was "Danny Wireless" and my second desktop could not get into "Danny Wireless", then I saw "Rogers2850" and that it said "unsecured". I had a hunch and I tried to log into it and asked me for a password, I entered the password from "Danny Wireless" and wham! I connected to it, Rogers2850 is being broadcasted by my own Hitron modem.