FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

1 recommendation

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

[Sci-Fi] Dredd

I watched the newest Judge Dredd movie last night and thought it was fairly decent "B movie".

Two hours of entertainment, moderately decent story in a pure shoot 'em up kind of way, classic cheesy acting and lack of character development made it interesting enough to watch without expectations.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

1 recommendation

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I am looking forward to the new Arnold movie "last stand" and stallone movie "Bullet to the head".
The industry has been missing mindless "big ticket" action movies for a while now. Sure you had the glossy shiny stuff that Vin Diesel did in fast andd Furious, Statham in Transporter and Neeson in Taken.
Statham, Neeson are ok. But for what ever reason, they seem lackluster against the holy trilogy of Norris, Arnold, and Stallone.

Hence I was happy to see Expendables and looking forward to Expendables 2 to hit Netflix [if it does].

Has Dredd hit netflix yet?

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

I dont have netflix so can't say, I bought the movie on itunes.

XoX
join:2003-08-19
Qc, Canada

XoX to PhoenixDown

to PhoenixDown
said by PhoenixDown:

I watched the newest Judge Dredd movie last night and thought it was fairly decent "B movie".

Two hours of entertainment, moderately decent story in a pure shoot 'em up kind of way, classic cheesy acting and lack of character development made it interesting enough to watch without expectations.

I tried to watch it but i could not finished it because the story was dull and did not fell anything for it...

In the original you had at the start a felling of being in the future... With the new one the only felling i got was the city is a dump and that's it...

I liked the first one a lot more and found it had a better story and i found the duo of Sylvester and Rob doing a good job. Sylvester also did a good i think to make us feel he was there and he was the judge. In the new one i did not see or feel that with that actor. It was more like he is just another judge...

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

Alpha Phoenix to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I am looking forward to the new Arnold movie "last stand" and stallone movie "Bullet to the head".
The industry has been missing mindless "big ticket" action movies for a while now. Sure you had the glossy shiny stuff that Vin Diesel did in fast andd Furious, Statham in Transporter and Neeson in Taken.
Statham, Neeson are ok. But for what ever reason, they seem lackluster against the holy trilogy of Norris, Arnold, and Stallone.

Hence I was happy to see Expendables and looking forward to Expendables 2 to hit Netflix [if it does].

Has Dredd hit netflix yet?

Gotta admit, Expendables 2 was hilarious.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm to PhoenixDown

to PhoenixDown
I'm going to throw this out there, even though it really is just my own opinion:

I feel like this is one of, if not the best 3D movie that has come out as of late. I'm sorry but sitting on your couch watching this in 2D does not do it justice. The way that the Slo-Mo effects are tied into the 3D are great and play a big role in how good this movie comes across.

I understand that some people don't like or can't watch 3D due to physical limitations but this is not really the movie for you then.

Also, in movies like these, you can't really go into it expecting anything more than shit blowing up in a shiny fashion.

Tenar
join:2008-01-02
Midland, ON

Tenar to PhoenixDown

to PhoenixDown
I thought this movie was pretty good. It was way better than I expected. I've seen Hollywood movies with bigger budgets be far worse than this movie.

Keeping in mind, it's a sci-fi beat-em-up. But as for entertainment value, it's way up there.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Grimm

Premium Member

to Grimm
Grimm -- now I'm regretting not seeing this in theaters in 3D.
I don't have a 3D TV set or blue ray player

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

I almost didn't go but went on a whim with a friend. We both highly enjoyed it. If you get the chance, though, it's definitely worth seeing it in 3D.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to PhoenixDown

MVM

to PhoenixDown
I watched Dredd and I thought it was a fairly good movie. I did not watch it in 3D but I don’t think its necessary to see it in 3D to see the merits of the movie.

I thought Olivia Thirlby was great and I always love Lena Headey.

Dredd reminded me a little of this movie trailer:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 2wp9fsho

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

1 recommendation

elwoodblues to XoX

Premium Member

to XoX
I watched both back to back, and the original, while being slightly campy, was far better.