Steve
I know your IP address
Consultant
join:2001-03-10
Yorba Linda, CA
kudos:5
reply to DigitalXeron

Re: Windows 8 is blocking Linux-based recovery environments

Windows 8 certification requires the ability to disable Secure Boot (for x86 at least), and anybody who's game enough to do image backup and restore will probably not have any trouble finding how to do this in the BIOS.
--
Stephen J. Friedl | Unix Wizard | Security Consultant | Orange County, California USA | my web site

Smokey Bear
veritas odium parit
Premium
join:2008-03-15
Annie's Pub
kudos:4

1 recommendation

said by Steve:
Windows 8 certification requires the ability to disable Secure Boot (for x86 at least), and anybody who's game enough to do image backup and restore will probably not have any trouble finding how to do this in the BIOS.

Sorry Steve you are talking BS, I'll bet with you that most Acronis customers have no experience with secure boot. Besides, BIOS is to many people an unknown word, and in case they know what BIOS is they don't know anything about required settings. You know about such issues, I know, a few others know, and that's it.
--
»bit.ly/gUqYaH - C. Brian Smith: Think of the exclamation point as a car horn: a little goes a long way. Lay on it too hard and everyone’s going to think you’re a moron.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:1
reply to Steve

My backup is my previous computer and xcopy and/or robocopy script to keep it in sync with my new computer. Always keep a working backup.