share rss forum feed

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to GLIMMER

Re: [IL] Latency issues.

You guys can't 'make' someone fix something if that person/company believes there are no issues. His speed was too low for 50/5 tier I agree with that. FYI that speed is advertised as up to 50/5 in case you missed that part and I personally consider anything above 35 Mbit not an issue (this is hardwired to the modem/gateway). His latency while not the best was not 'bad'. Just because you get accustomed to really low latency and now it changed it does not mean there is an issue. I am also a gamer and I know I have no problems with latency below 150ms at all.

Mediacom is a much smaller company with not enough redundancy and scattered plant. Depending on the area you may see more outages than some other areas.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

bulletsam

join:2008-04-08
Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit

When I can see my car, tank, solider, move forward and then lurch back to the start point constantly, yes, it is a problem.

I had a tech here Tuesday witness the lag/latency and timeouts I'm having. He acknowledged they do have a issue.

That's from tonight. Look good to you?

GLIMMER

join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL
reply to Anonymous

said by Anonymous:

You guys can't 'make' someone fix something if that person/company believes there are no issues. His speed was too low for 50/5 tier I agree with that. FYI that speed is advertised as up to 50/5 in case you missed that part and I personally consider anything above 35 Mbit not an issue (this is hardwired to the modem/gateway). His latency while not the best was not 'bad'. Just because you get accustomed to really low latency and now it changed it does not mean there is an issue. I am also a gamer and I know I have no problems with latency below 150ms at all.

Mediacom is a much smaller company with not enough redundancy and scattered plant. Depending on the area you may see more outages than some other areas.

i dont care if mediacom is a small company if your a service provider then spend money on upgrades. and they could add redundancy there just to cheap to do it.