All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
jcremin
join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

jcremin to TomS_

to TomS_

Re: [Bus. Ops] Are you an Wireless ISP looking for more revenue?

said by robbin:

I don't see any direct attacks against anyone even after rereading the thread.

said by TomS_:

gunther_01 posted 3 times before anyone quoted him and the 2nd and 3rd posts were basically defence defence defence.

I don't plan to get any more involved in this thread other than to say that I thought the first few replies were more explanatory than anything. I think the line may have been crossed when his actual privacy policy was posted and analyzed. That would have gotten me defensive too.

I can see a bit of defense in the posts even before that happened, but I also see a bit of over-reacting from some people too and it could easily have been construed as an attack on those who do use this product.

Sure, the concerns may be valid, but there's nothing to say that the same thing couldn't happen when using ANY 3rd party DNS, and nobody seems to have a problem with recommending Google's public DNS, or Level 3's DNS, etc.

That's all.....

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin

Mod

said by jcremin:

I think the line may have been crossed when his actual privacy policy was posted and analyzed. That would have gotten me defensive too.

Sorry -- I don't buy it. If a member includes a link to their business by way of a sig in every post they make, then that information is fair game.
jcremin
join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

jcremin

said by robbin:

said by jcremin:

I think the line may have been crossed when his actual privacy policy was posted and analyzed. That would have gotten me defensive too.

Sorry -- I don't buy it. If a member includes a link to their business by way of a sig in every post they make, then that information is fair game.

I'm not saying he was trying to hide it... Just saying that it turned personal at that point and he had every right to defend his practice if he feels it is appropriate, just like you (or anyone else) has a right to defend their position. If one person is supposed to drop it, why aren't you? (and the word "you" is not directed at anyone specific, but at everyone in this case)

I haven't taken a stance for or against the practice, and I suggest everyone get over it. Ok, some are for it and think it is okay. Some are against it and don't think it is okay. Both sides are getting a bit aggressive and that's the point in which this topic becomes useless.