uniqs
share rss forum feed

w1spfanatic

join:2013-01-11
Screven, GA

1 edit
reply to w1spfanatic

Re: WISP Startup

Man, I don't know where to begin to thank you guys for these suggestions. I have completely squashed the email idea now lol.

Here's my list of hardware so far.

(1) UBNT 2.4Ghz airMAX sector antenna 120 degree
(1) rocketM2 for the antenna (Not sure if I need this or not)
(1) Nanostation Loco2

and...

(1) Routerboard 2011LS

This will be fed with a 2/2 fiber connection to start with. I will be using this set-up to test around the area and see how the 2.4Ghz operates. If not up to par, then I'll just re-sell the equipment and try the 900Mhz. If everything goes well with the water tower (I will find out tomorrow, wish me luck), I will be trying the connection out at my house first which is almost 2 miles from it. The fresnel zone from LigoWave's LinkCalc looked promising, but we all know field testing is what proves.

Luckily, my landlord has enough open land to erect a tower in the future and has agreed to let me do it, free of charge. Pricey installation for fiber though and T1 lines run upwards of 1k/month out here though.

The current set-up I have planned seems to be a good start if I must say so. I have found a few web hosting companies and will be looking for a professional site builder soon. Any ideas on that would be greta also.

Have a good one guys/gals!