dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jayzor
join:2013-01-15

jayzor

What is DSP or Digital Signal Processing?

Where can DSP be used? Is it available right now? What makes it better than current technologies?
I need this for my research. Thanks in advance.
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog

What does this question have to do with being a wireless user of an ISP?
jayzor

jayzor

Someone told me that it's the next generation of wireless communications. I just want to clarify if someone here knows about it and give me more details.
wirelessdog
join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

wirelessdog to jayzor

to jayzor
DSP is typically used in audio applications. I've never heard it used in wireless context.
jayzor

jayzor

It's being used. I just found out about it.

"The goal of LTE was to increase the capacity and speed of wireless data networks using new DSP (digital signal processing) techniques and modulations that were developed around the"
Source:»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LT ··· ication)

Thanks anyway.
56238362 (banned)
join:2013-03-14

1 recommendation

56238362 (banned) to jayzor

to jayzor

Digital Signal Processing a type of microprocessor

Digital signal processing is the science of using computers to understand the data, such as radar and sonar, seismic vibrations, and countless other applications. It is a type of microprocessor and also unique because it processes data in real time. This capability enables real-time DSP ideal for applications where it will not tolerate any delay.
harrypoter
join:2013-04-05

harrypoter to jayzor

to jayzor

Re: What is DSP or Digital Signal Processing?

Digital Signal Processors (DSPs) take real-world signals like voice, audio, video, temperature, pressure, or position that have been digitized and then mathematically manipulate them.
raytaylor
join:2009-07-28

raytaylor to jayzor

to jayzor
To me it sounds like its in a feature list for a simple product.

Tuppaware 1 litre storage container
- Made of special tuppaware plastic
- 1 litre capacity
- Includes lid

DSP is like the "includes lid" feature. Its just a way of describing what the radio does. In the terms of LTE is just saying we are using a different technique of processing the signal digitally. We already process it in a digital way (because it carries data) but we have found a new way to do this digital processing.

There is no feature called DSP - it just refers to something else.
Expand your moderator at work
21666011 (banned)
join:2013-04-17
Los Angeles, CA

21666011 (banned) to jayzor

to jayzor

Re: What is DSP or Digital Signal Processing?

What does this query have to do with being a wi-fi customer of an ISP . . . . . . .
65589721 (banned)
join:2013-04-24
Australia

65589721 (banned)

It is the technology of using computer systems to understand the information such as seismic oscillations, and plenty of other programs. It is a type of micro-processor and also exclusive because it procedures information quickly.
cadmanmarsh
join:2013-05-06

cadmanmarsh to jayzor

to jayzor
Digital Signal Processing is one type of the signal Processing and other type is Analog Signal Processing.Digital Signal processing is used to represent the information in the form of digits like 0 and 1 so that we can update later easily.