BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ispalten

Premium Member

to ispalten

Re: [CFL] Turbo/Lightning speed upgrade in CFL???

According to that table and everything I have said tonight your speed will continue to be 20/2 and your price will remain the same just as the table shows based on the information you provided. If you wish to upgrade to Turbo 30/2 you may do so.
WinstonFl
join:2003-11-01
Deltona, FL

WinstonFl

Actually i think that chart is backwards. The top part says if you upgraded after January 15 your speed for turbo would be 20, but the bottom chart says if you signed up before your speed should be 30. The bottom chart should be on the top.

freethought
join:2000-01-24
Kissimmee, FL
ARRIS SBG6580
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

freethought to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I don't know how you can look at that table and come to that point of view in light of the facts.

The table says my speeds should be 30/2. I signed up for RR service before 1/15/13, and I have Turbo.

I don't think the table can be any more clear. What's confusing is your info about the required modem upgrade and additional charge, which are mentioned nowhere on the BHN page.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by freethought:

I don't know how you can look at that table and come to that point of view in light of the facts.

The table says my speeds should be 30/2. I signed up for RR service before 1/15/13, and I have Turbo.

I don't think the table can be any more clear. What's confusing is your info about the required modem upgrade and additional charge, which are mentioned nowhere on the BHN page.

You have Turbo 20/2 which runs on a D2 or D3 modem. The new Turbo tier 30/2 is only available on D3 equipment and therefore the modem will have to be exchanged out. We send a tech out and there is no charge for the visit.

What I think you don't understand is the website reflects the currently available tiers. Your 20/2 tier is no longer available however those who have it may keep it aka they are grandfathered. Going foward all new customers who order or upgrade to Turbo get 30/2 and they will get a D3 modem.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

1 edit

bigdaddy

BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by freethought:

You have Turbo 20/2 which runs on a D2 or D3 modem. The new Turbo tier 30/2 is only available on D3 equipment and therefore the modem will have to be exchanged out. We send a tech out and there is no charge for the visit.

What I think you don't understand is the website reflects the currently available tiers. Your 20/2 tier is no longer available however those who have it may keep it aka they are grandfathered. Going foward all new customers who order or upgrade to Turbo get 30/2 and they will get a D3 modem.

Gary why doesn't BHN just issue out D3 modems to all new customers regardless of speed tier, and also to existing customers who need a modem replacement that way BNH could activate the new speeds without the need of a truck roll ?

Baby steps...one does not replace an entire fleet of modems overnight.

bigdaddy

1 edit

bigdaddy

BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

I'm not saying to do it overnight I'm just saying to implement it as a policy going forward.

How do you know it isn't already? My point is you are making some pretty wild assumptions without having much to go on. I think your first clue is that Turbo is now a D3 product only going forward.

bigdaddy

1 edit

bigdaddy to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
bigdaddy

3 edits

bigdaddy to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

Making wild assumptions no. Making a suggestion yes. first of all I was mainly referring to customers with RR standard not necessarily RR turbo. RR standard user's to my knowledge are equipped with DOCSIS 2.0 CPE if I'm not mistaken.

Like I said baby steps Bigdaddy....all good things happen in time.