uniqs
jkoblovsky
join:2011-09-27
Keswick, ON

jkoblovsky to Inssomniak

to Inssomniak

Re: Business End of Piracy In The Media Industries

said by Inssomniak See Profile
Heh I cant specifically recall it but could not possibly be picked up where I lived, so it would had to have been while I was there, and in those days, it was just to go to clubs And my gap year, (if I went to college), would have been 1995-1996. I mostly stopped going to clubs regularly around 2002-2003. Damn you, life.

Talk about off topic. lol

That's exactly my gap year as well, and when we were all clubbing too. This is pretty much who you are talking to right now. This is an interview under my stage name:

»www.maxumi.co.uk/2010/01 ··· terview/

I stopped DJ'ing shortly after this interview. I blew my eardums out mixing
Expand your moderator at work

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak to jkoblovsky

Premium Member

to jkoblovsky

Re: Business End of Piracy In The Media Industries

Ya know there is virtually no evidence of the existence of Lyric nightclub on the Internet. One of the great clubs of the day, not even can I find a video, or even a picture of it inside or out, let alone any written words about the place. I suppose this is long before the widespread use of cell phones and digital cameras.
jkoblovsky
Keswick, ON

jkoblovsky

Well the owner of the Lyric is the owner of Elements in Kitchener. I was last there in 2003, about a month before they tore down the Lyric. From the looks of the photo's he's renovated since then. Striking resemblance to the layout of the Lyric. The lowered dance floor, just above that the bar. The railings. The Lyric was his favorite club. Super nice dude too.

»partytown.ca/elements/

I'll ask around. I don't have any pics myself. DJ KC (Friday Nights) that used to work there is still a good friend of mine. A few years ago he posted some of him in the booth at the Lyric but can't find them now. I'll message him too see if he's got any more or if he can repost. Thanks for the memory trip man. I'll have to message you about the stars above the DJ booth. Don't know if you heard any of those rumors, but if you did, they're all true.

xsbell
join:2008-12-22
Canada

1 edit

xsbell

said by jkoblovsky:

DJ KC (Friday Nights) that used to work there is still a good friend of mine. A few years ago he posted some of him in the booth at the Lyric but can't find them now. I'll message him too see if he's got any more or if he can repost. Thanks for the memory trip man. I'll have to message you about the stars above the DJ booth. Don't know if you heard any of those rumors, but if you did, they're all true.

Didn't he also used to work at The Palace in Guelph (while he was going on school)?

The Lyric was definitely the place to be back in the day. I was 15 the first time I saw Chris Sheppard there, I still remember the intro and the first track he played.. Tree Frog by Hope!:)

edit: sorry for keeping this thread off-topic
jkoblovsky
Keswick, ON

2 edits

jkoblovsky

said by xsbell See Profile
Didn't he also used to work at The Palace in Guelph (while he was going on school)?

The Lyric was definitely the place to be back in the day. I was 15 the first time I saw Chris Sheppard there, I still remember the intro and the first track he played.. Tree Frog by Hope!:)

edit: sorry for keeping this thread off-topic

It's okay, you guys need to know my connections here, that's important. Yes he did work at The Palace in Guelph. The Palace was owned by the same owner as the Lyric. DJ KC (Walter) was Tony Monaco's main DJ for a long time as well. He was also Canada's first live to air DJ, at the clubs. Him and Monaco essentially paved the path for Shep with the live to air stuff.

He was also part of the Pirate Radio crew in Kitchener. The first few hours of Saturday nights were live from Metro, and Walter was spinning for about a half an hour to an hour while the crew got set up at the Lyric. I was often bouncing back and forth between the two clubs on Saturday nights. Whenever you heard "Nightcrawlers - Push the Feeling on" was usually when Walter started. That was and still is his favorite track.

Walter also owned his own label. He helped pushed a lot of the freestyle stuff out for Monaco and friends.