Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
reply to morisato

Re: Start Communications - New Packages

said by morisato:

I am Interested possibly Rocca nice to see new Speeds But I only want 25/2 Internet, But i need more than 150 gigs usage like 350 would be Ideal? Any Usage blocks offered ?

The capacity is the big factor in pricing. You could sort of consider the steps between tiers though like 100GB usage packs though -- and you get a bonus of faster speed at no extra charge.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
Bah, Thats the Rub! I need Capacity Not speed, sure more speed is nice but i purposely download only in the wee hours of the morning to be nice to my isps bottom line... except for the occasional usage. all heavy downloads after 2am ugh.. Making the choice between Cable and DSL, Unlimited or Capped @ a level i could care less about. Sigh. So why offer 25/2 at all?> if capacity is the Cost why not just offer the 6 meg Unlimited and a 45/4 - 150 gigs $40 , 250 $50 350 $60? And Not bother with the other plans? Why tie usage to the higher speeds? perhaps someone wants a faster connection but doesn;t use it much ugh.
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium
join:2008-11-16
London, ON
kudos:23
There still is a cost difference between tiers, but the capacity is definitely the elephant in the room. Once the CRTC ruling comes out, if it's favourable we'll have some more exciting options. I don't think it will be much more than a month now.

morisato

join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
·ELECTRONICBOX
So maybe i Should Just Sit tight for a month or 2 and then make my move ugh, I hope its favorable i am really getting tired of paying 80 dollars for internet a month...
--
Every time Someone leaves Sympatico an Angel gets its wings.