spc
uniqs
matthewh16
join:2010-05-21
Culver City, CA

matthewh16 to vee130

to vee130

Re: Verizon FIOS Battery Backup

I don't know about you guys, but I just waited till I saw a tech across the street, walked up and said "Hey, you have a spare battery? Mines Dead", he said "Sure, here ya go". Free, no hassle.
zippoboy7
join:2006-06-18
USA

zippoboy7

said by matthewh16:

I don't know about you guys, but I just waited till I saw a tech across the street, walked up and said "Hey, you have a spare battery? Mines Dead", he said "Sure, here ya go". Free, no hassle.

That was the same experience I had with them on the first battery replacement. They replaced it again a few months back when I upgraded to 150/65 and they installed all new equipment.

As to the original point of this thread, if you are too cheep to spend ~$35 on a battery every 3-5 years then I wish you luck trying to find another option that will provide you what you need. The only suggestion that I have is you spend some real money and put in a standby generator so that you do not need a battery when the power fails as going forward that will be the only option to ensure you have continuous power.

rtcy
FACTS only please
Premium Member
join:1999-10-16
Norwalk, CA

1 edit

rtcy

Premium Member

said by zippoboy7:

said by matthewh16:

That was the same experience I had with them on the first battery replacement. They replaced it again a few months back when I upgraded to 150/65 and they installed all new equipment.

As to the original point of this thread, if you are too cheep to spend ~$35 on a battery every 3-5 years then I wish you luck trying to find another option that will provide you what you need. The only suggestion that I have is you spend some real money and put in a standby generator so that you do not need a battery when the power fails as going forward that will be the only option to ensure you have continuous power.

here if you must lay down for Verizon and buy it your selves here is just one of many links

»www.apexbattery.com/apc- ··· -rw.html

BTW i had a very nice tech over to fix my power supply, the wires inside the battery back up were loose and arching, called them up(actually it's been doing it for a while and I had to take a day off from work) but the gent put in a new power supply, new battery, and I told him I was having issues with the 6 year old router and that I use a silicon dust box (he saw it next to the router and I needed GIGABIT. voila I know have a new ver I router and I am a happy camper. that's rare for this grumpy old fart, but I am happy, the guy did a great job re-wiring the night mare I had from when I got my install 6 years ago and drilled into a water pipe. I wa supposed to call them back and rehang everything and never did till now.

and this is 14amp hour battery double size and double duration that I use on a unnamed company's equipment for alarm system backups to keep smart thieves on their toes

»www.apexbattery.com/scoo ··· ery.html
hubrisnxs
join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA

hubrisnxs

When you silence the battery, that only kills it for 24 hours.
quote:
The alarm can be silenced for 24 hours by pushing and holding the blue button on the front of the power supply for three seconds.
Sometimes it's a false negative so check by unplugging the AC power, disconnect th ebattery, and leave it disconnected two minutes, and then put it back together. If it stops beeping then it was just a false negative.

Otherwise you legitmately need a new battery

If you expect someone to replace your battery on principle, then I don't know what to tell ya. ALL battery's have warranty's, the TOS explicitly states how long the battery warranty is.

Do I wish they would replace it, sure.

Is it worth 12 dollars and a little elbow grease to avoid having a coronary and having to wait on hold with Customer service? I think so.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

said by hubrisnxs:

When you silence the battery, that only kills it for 24 hours.

quote:
The alarm can be silenced for 24 hours by pushing and holding the blue button on the front of the power supply for three seconds.
Sometimes it's a false negative so check by unplugging the AC power, disconnect th ebattery, and leave it disconnected two minutes, and then put it back together. If it stops beeping then it was just a false negative.

Yup, I've had the false negative on my replacement battery twice so far. It's a pain to get down on the floor to unplug, disconnect, wait. reconnect and replug.