spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dervishes

@verizon.net

[speed/latency] Connection speed lately

About 4 days ago my internet speed has been dropping to new extreme lows, I have been getting at most 20Kbits/s and It's making it difficult to complete my college assignments because I can't go to the local starbucks lacking a laptop. I've always had a slow connection and now it's to the point where I NEED to do something about it.

I called verizon when it started to slow down and drop the connection and they did the whole 'is the light on, restart your modem, your phone is working so your internet is too. goodbye' ordeal again and continue to refuse to check anything for me.

Can anyone help me find out if it's my end that's slowing down? My PC is clean of viruses and there's nothing downloading in the background.

Westell VeraLink 327W
Software Version: VER:4.04.03.00
Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0
Model Name: B90-327W15-06
Serial Number: 05B412894886
Broadband Connection Status: UP
Broadband IP Address: 74.98.20.213
Broadband MAC Address: 00:0f:db:a0:88:7c
Broadband Connection Type: PPP
Active Status: 00:26:08
Configuration: 096-900096-00 A

Vendor ID Code: 4
Line Mode: G.DMT Mode
Data Path: Interleaved

Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 896 768
Margin (dB) 7.5 6.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 50.5 31.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 11.0 11.8

Demonfang

join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA
kudos:1

looking at those stats, i can see there is a very blatant issue, as your margin is very low for the distance and speed you have, as well as your speed is nowhere near what it should be, assuming you have the 3Mbps package.

you need to get to someone who is willing, and have them send out a technician to fix the wiring.