spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MrR
@bhn.net

MrR

Anon

[TV] Cisco freezing on downloading app

Any known issue with overnite update and Cisco freezing at downloading initial application ( ninth block going red and stopping)
Sec6943
join:2013-01-17
Cocoa, FL

Sec6943

I have two others boxes in my house and they are fine just having a problem with the living box.
Nayan3
join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

Nayan3 to MrR

to MrR
My box is stuck as well. I tried rebooting, then pulling the plug for a minute and it hangs at APP. Mine's not a Cisco but an SA Explorer 4250HDC.

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386 to MrR

to MrR
Add me to the list. Three Cisco boxes on a WH-DVR setup, and displaying IA01 vs time. On the TV's it is saying "A problem has occured downloading app that prevents you from viewing cable television."

I tried to call Brighthouse, but got a recording saying "Due to unforseen circumstances we're unable to take your call. Please try to call again later."

Not the level of customer service I'm used to with BHN..
carays
join:2008-09-22
Ormond Beach, FL

carays to MrR

to MrR
Same message at 1-866 number. Not exactly the best way to do business!!

weaseled386
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386

said by carays:

Same message at 1-866 number. Not exactly the best way to do business!!

I'm not ready to throw them under the bus..... yet! One hiccup in 12 years is still an amazing record

bhproblem
@mindspring.com

bhproblem to MrR

Anon

to MrR
I'm also getting the same err msg and I was on hold on the phone for an hour and hung up. Then it said, I couldn't get through. I did the online chat with Brighthhouse support and she told me they were doing an overnight upgrade and it hasn't finished yet. This is only happening on my dvr. Other boxes fine. Obviously locked it all up and she said to just wait it out. Just glad it isn't my box only.

cavorite
join:2012-03-17
Ormond Beach, FL

cavorite to weaseled386

to weaseled386
said by weaseled386:

Add me to the list. Three Cisco boxes on a WH-DVR setup, and displaying IA01 vs time. On the TV's it is saying "A problem has occured downloading app that prevents you from viewing cable television."

I tried to call Brighthouse, but got a recording saying "Due to unforseen circumstances we're unable to take your call. Please try to call again later."

Not the level of customer service I'm used to with BHN..

Same exact situation and phone experience. Can't remember them ever dumping calls. Hoping for quick fix.

unhappy one
@bhn.net

unhappy one to bhproblem

Anon

to bhproblem
My hd cable box stuck on app as well--for over an hour now that I know of--and I don't have dvr. Local Bright House number gives a busy signal, 800 number gives unforeseen circumstances message. I expect bh will give a credit for the time the service was unavailable.

Morgan
@bhn.net

Morgan to MrR

Anon

to MrR
My box is stuck as well. 9th box is yellow and occasionally flashes red. Keeps going to black screen asking me to push any key about once every 15 minutes. I was up when the cable went out at about 1:15 a.m. and still nothing.

MrHDR
@bhn.net

MrHDR to MrR

Anon

to MrR
we have a bulk cable contract with BHN- up for renewal; told sales rep we have past service issues with BHN- she said she checked and none were logged, so we must not have any problems.
if I hang up now -after an hour-, or BHN dumps my call, there will not be a record of this outage and BHN will say ....

Nickill
@bhn.net

Nickill to unhappy one

Anon

to unhappy one
Same here - 2 DVR BH boxes in Deland with IA01 MSG. Not even getting Twitter customer service response....

Wonder if Uverse is adding customers this morning?

AudibleAura
@bhn.net

AudibleAura to unhappy one

Anon

to unhappy one
Same thing happened to us here in Clermont FL. Woke up to the screen showing the "Downloading Initial Application" message. We left if for 30 mins, then I did a hard reboot by unplugging for over 45 seconds and plugged back in. Same message for going on 40 minutes. The progress squares below the message change a little every once in awhile so its not completely frozen. I tried to do a chat with Bright House support and it says chat is not available when it usually is at this time which is weird. Something must have gone really wrong with the update they tried to push last night and they don't have the staff to handle the calls and chats coming in so they are going dark which isn't a good way to handle it. Hopefully it resolves soon.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to MrR

Premium Member

to MrR
Guys we are aware of the issue... please do NOT reboot your boxes at this time and there is no need to call. I will update you as needed.
nickill8
join:2003-06-23
Deland, FL

nickill8

said by BHNtechXpert:

Guys we are aware of the issue... please do NOT reboot your boxes at this time and there is no need to call. I will update you as needed.

Does it matter if we rebooted upon waking this am? I tried contacting before I rebooted....
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by nickill8:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Does it matter if we rebooted upon waking this am? I tried contacting before I rebooted....

At this point no. Obviously you didn't know. I'll update you guys shortly.

x0
@bhn.net

x0 to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
No offense, But of course we are gonna call becuase we are trying to get our TVs to work and they are not working. If it is an over night reboot why is it going on in the daytime. I think we should get a refund for today because we are paying for something we cannot use. It seems like a lot of people are having this issue and are wondering what is going on. I also called BHN and the numbers are not even ringing, not even local ones here in Melbourne. This is Bullshit and I wish we had other CABLE services. When I lived in NJ I never had problems with comcast and I under stand this is part of Time Warner, whom we never had problems with neither. ONly in florida things go wrong!

weaseled386
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386

said by x0 :

No offense, But of course we are gonna call becuase we are trying to get our TVs to work and they are not working. If it is an over night reboot why is it going on in the daytime. I think we should get a refund for today because we are paying for something we cannot use. It seems like a lot of people are having this issue and are wondering what is going on. I also called BHN and the numbers are not even ringing, not even local ones here in Melbourne. This is Bullshit and I wish we had other CABLE services. When I lived in NJ I never had problems with comcast and I under stand this is part of Time Warner, whom we never had problems with neither. ONly in florida things go wrong!

Wow, someone needs a Xanax. Have you ever heard of things going wrong? If you're under the impression that hardware and/or software issues are limited to Brighthouse you need to wake up.

Palmcoastwa
@bhn.net

Palmcoastwa to MrR

Anon

to MrR
Same thing in Palm Coast...All DVR capable boxes are down. Regular boxes or straight wired TV works. Internet is fine, phone is fine....just no HDTV if all you have are DVR boxes...like me.

Merritt Is
@bhn.net

Merritt Is to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Thank you, I would suggest you change your suppport help line message it keeps telling me to reboot .......

Ashley
@bhn.net

Ashley to unhappy one

Anon

to unhappy one
Yes, I think they should give a credit back for us having to wait. I understand they have a job to do but this was suppose to be overnight reboot not morning reboot. I too have called local bright house network and the phone is busy. Some of them just do not even ring. I have never had problems with my DVR i have had problems with my internet though but, they were fixed in a matter of 10minutes. This is just so odd that we cannot call them. i hope they fix it before 12pm

Diana
@bhn.net

Diana to Nickill

Anon

to Nickill
Looks like they will be adding 2 customers this morning.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to MrR

Premium Member

to MrR
Thank you for your continued patience...again there is no need to call in to report the problem and please do not reboot your boxes. I will update you as needed.
Nayan3
join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

Nayan3 to x0

to x0
I play online games and I see folks all the time that freak out, complain, etc. when the game goes down for maintenance. I'll tell you what I tell others. It's a beautiful day. Go take a walk, read a book, go outside, do something other than complain, bitch, moan and gripe. Getting upset over something you have no control over doesn't help it get fixed faster. Yes it's frustrating, not just to us but I am sure the techs are also not happy to have to deal with this. Now grab some coffee, head outside and enjoy the day .

BubbleBrain
@bhn.net

BubbleBrain to MrR

Anon

to MrR
South Marion County, Fl: Cable Box alternates IA01 vs APP readout since about 2:30 AM, No customer call center then till now (8:40 AM)

JohnT
@bhn.net

JohnT to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
It would be helpful, and reduce the number of calls you must be getting, if a message explaining the issue could be put up on www.brighthouse.com under 'Support' indicating the geographic area where the problem is occurring. If there is no capability of doing this now it might be a good idea for the future.

BrevardGuy
@bhn.net

BrevardGuy to MrR

Anon

to MrR
Having the problem in Brevard County as well, but only on two of my three DVRs, the two Cisco boxes. Other DVR is working fine. I'll keep monitoring this forum thread.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to MrR

Premium Member

to MrR
Some Bright House Networks customers may be experiencing problems with their cable boxes. Very early this morning we were performing pre-planned upgrade maintenance to our network to improve and increase performance. It is taking longer for some boxes to come back on line in two local areas in and around the Deland area. We apologize for any inconveniences to our customers. We expect to be back to normal soon.

Please do NOT reboot your boxes!

AudibleAura
@bhn.net

AudibleAura to JohnT

Anon

to JohnT
Agreed, if the phone system is overwhelmed and chat isn't going to be offered a message needs to be publicly displayed.

I can only hope this update is super awesome and maybe we'll finally get a 16:9 aspect ratio program guide. Been waiting for that for years.

Cape Canaver
@bhn.net

Cape Canaver to JohnT

Anon

to JohnT
Hey Brighthouse! That was a great idea about posting on your home page (and updating when we can "try again"). Save you all those pesky calls and show the customers you really do care.