how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MarkB

@bhn.net
reply to MrR

Re: [TV] Cisco freezing on downloading app

Kudos to the Tech Team for rolling back and/or repairing the faulty upgrade. Hope everyone knows what needs to happen next time.

I was far less impressed by the Communications effort. A Best-in-Class communications company needs to do a better job of communicating. A banner headline on the web site, a recorded message on the call-in numbers, etc. must be part of the First Response for serious outages. Hope this incident can serve as a wake-up call for process improvement.

Nayan3

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
kudos:1
reply to MrR

Back up and running here!

tcramer504

@bellsouth.net
reply to MrR

TOTALLY FRUSTRATED WITH THEM TODAY SAME THING SINCE 2AM and no phone calls going through to Melbourne and been on hold with Orlando for 20 min so far with recording of how to reboot box. WISH I COULD REBOOT THIS FRIEND!!!!! HELLOOOOO my --s!

DeLand

@rr.com
reply to BHNtechXpert

Thank you for your help and for the updates! It is much appreciated.

Nayan3

Melbourne, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to tcramer504

Just take a deep breath and relax. It's all coming back now and getting upset won't make it go any faster. Grab some coffee, head outside and enjoy some nature while everything gets worked out and back online. Or go look at some cute lolcats and have a laugh .

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL

I think many people need to take this advice. I've never seen a larger group of whiny people then when it comes to their TV service going down.

Nayan3

Melbourne, FL

I play World of Warcraft and if you think this is bad you should see when the servers go down .

MarkSCB

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: Another in Cocoa Beach

Don't take it too personally. I do appreciate you are reaching out to us with some info. But what I would like to see is something like a partial outage announcement, with the affected counties, symptoms, and ETA for a fix. I understand the ETA is/was probably uncertain, but your repeated posts continued to localize the problem in Orlando and Deland, and I had to read the other problem reporter's posts to know if my symptoms matched this issue or not. Going to CFL Brighthouse's webpage, I did not see any outage report. Going to My Services -> support, all I could find was a list of my devices which are connected, including my DVR - no sign of any problem.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:148
reply to MrR

Okay folks...if your box has not returned to normal operation by now please go ahead and reboot the box. Thank you

Expand your moderator at work

NanKK

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

Now a color problem in Ocala

I rebooted the HD DVR as you said and the color is totally wrong - all orange and green. Tried rebooting again and also checked the connections but still have the same problem. Any ideas?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MrR

Check your connections on the back of the box and TV...sounds like something got loose.

JohnT

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert

Thanks for the info. You were the only BHN person I could find with any news and it was appreciated. I've worked on many software releases and know that things sometimes don't go according to plan. I've not had many issues with our cable/phone/network service but when I have the support people have been unfailingly helpful. I do still think, though, that posting outage info on your website, in the support area, would save you a lot of grief.

I have a Time Warner Cable 4250HDC and I have the same problem!!!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MrR

To those of you who suggested that we post an alert on our website we actually do post alerts in situations like this one. Be sure to register a My Services account on our website. Only the areas impacted however will see them in the form of a banner at the top of the page. I should remind you that we also engage on Twitter and of course our forums here and pretty much everywhere else you can think of (other communities) and of course Facebook. I encourage you to check here first or post if you don't see anything and I'm pretty snappy about getting responses to you so you won't have to wait too long...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

ozz1

join:2013-01-20
Rockledge, FL
reply to MrR

Follow Up: [TV] Cisco freezing on downloading app

Brevard: After the box upgrade finally completed Thursday we did not use our tv+set box to do much more than check the weather and traffic Friday morning.
Saturday it turns out when the Scientific Atlanta (Cisco) box is left on for a several hours, it displays "please wait" and loses a group of the normal channels, channels 2 through 59 gone, the next time channels 4 through 40something gone. I was on one of the disappeared channels at the time.

Power cycle-reset and the 15 minute wait that involves brought the full selections back, until approximately 5 hours later when a slightly different bunch of the channels disappeared again.
A call to tech support had them step through a reboot from their end and it was running normally.

Leaving the box on overnight resulted in the box losing the usual channels again by morning.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

said by ozz1:

Brevard: After the box upgrade finally completed Thursday we did not use our tv+set box to do much more than check the weather and traffic Friday morning.
Saturday it turns out when the Scientific Atlanta (Cisco) box is left on for a several hours, it displays "please wait" and loses a group of the normal channels, channels 2 through 59 gone, the next time channels 4 through 40something gone. I was on one of the disappeared channels at the time.

Power cycle-reset and the 15 minute wait that involves brought the full selections back, until approximately 5 hours later when a slightly different bunch of the channels disappeared again.
A call to tech support had them step through a reboot from their end and it was running normally.

Leaving the box on overnight resulted in the box losing the usual channels again by morning.

Open a direct forums thread...include your IP address...what you are experiencing is NOT related to the event last week just lousy timing.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

ozz1

Rockledge, FL

Sorry,
I haven't been on this forum in years and had to re-register for this.

How Do I open a direct thread then point it at you?
I know I saw a link in a posting I was reading, but I don't find it now.

ozz1

Rockledge, FL

box losing #s: Follow Up: [TV] Cisco freezing on downloading app

The set top box has wiped itself clean again several times this evening. This has most often corresponded with the end of a program, or a press of a channel button(to change to news weather during a commercial.
The main channels are suddenly not authorized.

The *good* news is the set top box now takes only 12 minutes to reboot itself.
FYI Its a SA Explorer 4250HDC.

The wife tells me she has had enough of this, so I am to drop it off at the Melbourne office for something more reliable or to use analog cable in the am.

BHNtechXpert, thanks for your offer anyway. If I can't get another box I will re-address this.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to ozz1

Re: Follow Up: [TV] Cisco freezing on downloading app

said by ozz1:

Sorry,
I haven't been on this forum in years and had to re-register for this.

How Do I open a direct thread then point it at you?
I know I saw a link in a posting I was reading, but I don't find it now.

»Bright House Networks Direct
--

ozz1

Rockledge, FL

BHNtechXpert; I published the Information in the direct forum.

SteveC

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to MrR

Thanks Ozz will catch you there in a bit.