uniqs
share rss forum feed

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

2 edits

The annual price increase! [Edited]

Actually, is that annual or bi-annual or semi annual? They do it so often, I'm confused on which it is!

Just got my bill in the mail yesterday. All tv packages are increasing in price.

Another $5 a month raping for me, not to mention wife is losing another one of the channels she watches.

Might almost have her mad enough to drop cable tv, or tv totally, as I have never really had a need for it!

They ARE cranking the speed though!! On the 30/4 plan.
Last Result:
Download Speed: 121.69 Mbps (15.21 MB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 3.84 Mbps (0.48 MB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 24 ms
Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:36:23 AM
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

lineofsight

join:2003-01-03
East Saint Louis, IL
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER

From the Charter folks:

Thanks you for pointing out that your modem config is set for too high D/L. We will make the appropriate adjustments to your account to address this mistake.

goillini

join:2006-04-26
Madison, WI

1 edit
reply to cork1958

Click for full size
Here in Madison, WI, the cost of the "Digital Home" package (which for me, is expanded basic + a cable card) is going up nearly 14% next month (love the 3 week heads-up!), from $58.99 to $66.99.

Oh, and the "broadcast TV surcharge" is also going up 6%.

Kind of a triple-whammy for me, as a 12-month promo price is expiring right at the same time as these price hikes.

I will miss watching college hoops on ESPN and BTN, but I think it may finally be time to cut the cord. This is ridiculous.

zed260
Premium
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Reviews:
·Charter

said by goillini:

Here in Madison, WI, the cost of the "Digital Home" package (which for me, is expanded basic + a cable card) is going up nearly 14% next month (love the 3 week heads-up!), from $58.99 to $66.99.

Kind of a triple-whammy for me, as a 12-month promo price is expiring right at the same time as these price hikes.

I will miss watching college hoops on ESPN and BTN, but I think it may finally be time to cut the cord. This is ridiculous.

im glad i signed a bussniuss contract i get all the tv channels cept premium channels and pay 55 dollars a month

anon anon

@charter.com
reply to goillini

Here digital home is $63.99 and is going up to $65.99. Broadcast surcharge is going from $1.47 to $2.15. Just an incentive to go to the new pricing tiers when our promo runs out. $60 for Select( same as Home ) and includes the broadcast fee.

Brian_M

join:2004-06-19
Manchester, GA
Reviews:
·Charter
·Windstream
reply to cork1958

said by cork1958:

Might almost have her mad enough to drop cable tv, or tv totally, as I have never really had a need for it!

My wife and I are 7 months out from cutting the TV, don't really miss it in the least. And it's not like we're in an area that can receive OTA either (seriously, I get 3 channels, all PBS).

Sure wish that I could, even once, get above 25Mbps on my 30/4 contract. No love though.

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter
reply to cork1958

don't feel bad.....DISH hit customers with a price increase today.
$5 for lower packages, up to $10 on the higher packages.
I thought it was a mistake on my account management screen for a moment, until I googled it.

DirecTV did the same thing last month I believe.

Premium
join:2012-06-11

1 edit

Wow....95$/mo for TV and internet! Very EXPENSIVE!

Yeah, I suppose if I lived in the NY Metro area or similar that wouldn't be too bad...but for the rest of the country it certainly is.

I'm about a month or so away from cancelling my Charter service unless they relent.

BlakePaulson

join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN

We cancelled our TV service two months ago... haven't looked back since.

Helps to have Hulu Plus and Netflix though!

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
reply to cork1958

Now we need the annual speed increase. MAKE IT HAPPEN CHARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cork1958
Cork
Premium
reply to 15444104

said by 15444104:

Wow....95$/mo for TV and internet! Very EXPENSIVE!

Yeah, I suppose if I lived in the NY Metro area or similar that wouldn't be too bad...but for the rest of the country it certainly is.

I'm about a month or so away from cancelling my Charter service unless they relent.

$95 isn't squat anymore.

I have just expanded basic and the 30/4 HSI and pay $114.72. Kind of neat how Charter words the news section of the mail I received differently than what it shows on goillini's bill.

I went and looked it up for the exact wording of the news section on my bill:

- Limited Basic from $22.00 to $25.99

- Expanded Basic from $37.99 to $39.00

- Basic and Expanded Basic from $59.99 to $64.99

- Broadcast TV Surcharge, which reflects charges assessed to Charter by broadcast TV stations, from $1.18 to $2.15

said by KoRnGtL15:

Now we need the annual speed increase. MAKE IT HAPPEN CHARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That already did! Didn't you see my speed test result above? I'm on the 30/4 plan!!
--
The Firefox alternative.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
reply to zed260

said by zed260:

said by goillini:

im glad i signed a bussniuss contract i get all the tv channels cept premium channels and pay 55 dollars a month

You still haven't answered my question from the other topic though. $55 for your business HSI but how much is the TOTAL bill with what ever you bundled it with? That $55 is for JUST internet, isn't it?
--
The Firefox alternative.

anon anon

@charter.com
reply to cork1958

said by cork1958:

- Limited Basic from $22.00 to $25.99

Heck limited basic has been $30 in my area for a couple years at least. And before that it was $28. It's probbaly been at least 5-6 years since it was $26.

zed260
Premium
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Reviews:
·Charter
reply to cork1958

said by cork1958:

said by zed260:

said by goillini:

You still haven't answered my question from the other topic though. $55 for your business HSI but how much is the TOTAL bill with what ever you bundled it with? That $55 is for JUST internet, isn't it?

with internet phone and tv 145 dollars a month

Zappa2000

join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI
reply to cork1958

said by cork1958:

Actually, is that annual or bi-annual or semi annual? They do it so often, I'm confused on which it is!

Just got my bill in the mail yesterday. All tv packages are increasing in price.

Another $5 a month raping for me, not to mention wife is losing another one of the channels she watches.

They ARE cranking the speed though!! On the 30/4 plan.
Last Result:
Download Speed: 121.69 Mbps (15.21 MB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 3.84 Mbps (0.48 MB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 24 ms
Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:36:23 AM

I am not getting even close to that kind of speed, I am seeing 28Mbps/3.56Mbps.

But anyway, it isn't shocking that prices are going up, I am betting they will still go higher because of the "free" modem.

Then need to allow us to cut out all the crap stations we don't want, and save.

Premium
join:2012-06-11
reply to cork1958

said by cork1958:

$95 isn't squat anymore.

More than I would tolerate.

I REFUSE TO BE BENT OVER SO THAT Tom Rutledge can be choppered back and forth between his CT mansion and the office. lol
Expand your moderator at work

cork1958
Cork
Premium
reply to zed260

Re: The annual price increase! [Edited]

said by zed260:

with internet phone and tv 145 dollars a month

Ouch!

That's what I figured! Your business account HSI is still more expensive than my regular account, for same speed, and your total bill is $31 more than my total Charter bill. Now, if I figure in my Vonage phone at $18 a month, you're still $13 more than me. Doesn't sound like you're saving to me and if Charter actually has their stuff running right, I see no reason for a business account just for the sake of being able to talk to a real person quicker on the phone!

Kind of goes back to that logic I was explaining about the wife buying way more paper towels than we need just because it was "on sale" when in 2 weeks, it will be on sale again!!
--
The Firefox alternative.
Expand your moderator at work