Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude to Silvanos

Premium Member

to Silvanos

Re: [NCAA-F] Manti Te'o's made up girlfriend

said by Silvanos:

Who cares??!! why is this such a big deal... he made up a story or he got played but again so what!!

He's about to enter the NFL draft. Teams that might have been interested in him are now going to wonder if he has mental problems.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by footballdude:

said by Silvanos:

Who cares??!! why is this such a big deal... he made up a story or he got played but again so what!!

He's about to enter the NFL draft. Teams that might have been interested in him are now going to wonder if he has mental problems.

^^ This. He screwed himself out of millions of dollars most likely.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

Yes he probably did. The story about being duped is likely an attempt to mitigate his losses. I think he was fully aware of and participated in the fake girl friend story and death to bring attention to himself...which is pretty messed up.

I won't feel sorry for him though. If he signs for a minimum salary he will make $390,000.

The pre draft interviews for him are going to be brutal. Teams compare notes too so they can check the consistency of a players answers.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman to footballdude

Premium Member

to footballdude
said by footballdude:

said by Silvanos:

As opposed to many of the other pampered, self centered, narcissistic prima-donnas going up for grabs in April?

There are worse scandals to be involved in.

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky
join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Draiman to pflog

to pflog
said by pflog:

said by footballdude:

said by Silvanos:

^^ This. He screwed himself out of millions of dollars most likely.

Most of the stuff I read said 8-10 teams were interested in him now all 32 are interested in talking to him.

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to drslash

to drslash
said by drslash:

Yes he probably did. The story about being duped is likely an attempt to mitigate his losses. I think he was fully aware of and participated in the fake girl friend story and death to bring attention to himself...which is pretty messed up.

At some point he started participating in the fake story; it's kind of hard to tell at what point yet. But since he became aware of the fakery on December 6 (according to Notre Dame), and then mentioned her publicly twice after that, he was definitely participating in the fakery then.

The other big part of the story is ESPN and Notre Dame getting all butt-hurt about the deflation of the heroic image they projected of the guy.

That deadspin article shaner posted was some good reporting by the way. »deadspin.com/5976517/man ··· s-a-hoax

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium Member
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos

Premium Member

said by fatness:

That deadspin article shaner posted was some good reporting by the way. »deadspin.com/5976517/man ··· s-a-hoax

No it's not! THey were tipped off and used google...

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Which is something nobody else bothered to do.

Silvanos
Premium Member
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos

Premium Member

said by shaner:

They were tipped off!!! anyone who was tipped off would have looked into it, it wasn't good reporting!

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to fatness

Premium Member

to fatness
He was embarass ok. I would be too!

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to Silvanos

to Silvanos
said by Silvanos:

said by shaner:

They were tipped off!!! anyone who was tipped off would have looked into it, it wasn't good reporting!

They were tipped off, they looked into it, they reported everything they found while looking into it. Nobody else did that. It was good reporting.

Silvanos
Premium Member
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos

Premium Member

I still disagree 100% it's a entertainment piece on a guy written from a tip. There's no reporting there. They basically said this may be true, but we need proof...

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Uhh...that's the very definition of reporting.

Even Woodward and Bernstein learned about Watergate from a tip.

Silvanos
Premium Member
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos

Premium Member

Yes but they investigated it, Deadspin said this what we found out by searching google now everyone else find the facts.

We can agree to disagree, I'm not going to keep arguing this as I really have no interest in this story.