« OpenRaid. . .Make money from blacksmithing »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 7 · 8 · 9 · next

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1

[MoP] MoP Progression Thread

The old thread was for MSV and we haven't had a steady thread yet, so I made one. Is anyone out there actually still raiding??

We are finally 6/6HoF. On to ToES tonight and next week. Yay for being weeks behind =D

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
Right there with you on being behind.

We're 5/6 HoF but had our first attempts on Empress on Tuesday. Tonight we head back in to try and clear the zone.

Was quite surprised at how much more incoming tank damage there was on Empress compared to the rest of the raid tier thus far.

I've heard that ToES, especially first three bosses, are quite easy.
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [5/6] HoF

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
reply to JB
We are 6/6 MSV and 2/6 HoF working on Garalon.

Had a solid 2 days of less than 10% wipes on Garalon so that is kind of depressing.

If we get a decent dog combo going to try HMSV for Dogs and Feng.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
5/6 MSV on Mal´ganis Horde
4/6 MSV on Galakron Alliance

We have been raiding once a week, hope we can start ramping up on February.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to JB
The first 3 in ToES are WAY easier than any boss in HoF. We finally got through Empress two weeks ago, and we blew through the first three in ToES with one wipe on Tsulong due to not being efficient with the healers and off healers using the breath buff and not being quick to dispel terrorize

Sha, OTOH, we wiped on for hours. If you have slacker dps or tanks and healers that slack on collecting orbs during cackle, you're dead. You have to burn the archers and get back before the other group gets taken away (10 man).

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Good to hear, we're looking forward to smashing ToES. We were stuck on Amber shaper for a long time, finally got AS down and then it only took us 2 nights on Empress. Took us only 2-3 attempts of actually making it to the last phase.

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to JB
Hey guys. I picked up a new group (I trialed last night on my resto shaman) - we went 6/6 MSV 2/6 HOF with two 5% wipes on Garalon. One of the dps was a weak link - he was doing like 40k, and was a PUG with no experience. I don't see them bringing him back, but I could be surprised. Garalon seems really easy (except healing intensive at times), we should get it tonight. Apparently this group is 4/6 and working on Amber Shaper, so I'll see tonight. One of their regulars was out is why they brought in the hunter.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to JB
Well any guild that wants to get their H Tsulong kill done, simply enlist an R Shaman healer, have a nunter that can stampede direbeast, snake trap, readiness repeat and let the shaman full heal H Tsulong in about 20 seconds.. GG

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
reply to JB
6/6 MV

Starting HoF tonight, will post results tomorrow.

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to JB
You'll have no issues JB. It took us two nights on Amber Shaper, and 2 nights on Empress. Honestly, I thought the add phase on Empress was the hardest part, they were just hammering the tanks.

You guys might want to look into doing Protectors in elite mode. We did it regular the first night, and then last week we tried it on Elite mode and got it on the second pull. Once you get how to position and kite Kaolan to kill him last, it's really not much more difficult.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Arsinic
lifeingroup5.com/?p=3449

The blog discovering easy mode Tsulong.. Ascendance kek

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to JB
heres a good strat for H stone guard if anyone needs it its just the first bit of the video, i dont know how to time stamp it so, bollocks

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X9dcBSQUv8

--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2
reply to JB
6/6, 6/6, 4/4.

Haven't raided since Dec 22 and won't again until probably early March.

In my absence, my guild is 3/6H, 6/6, 4/4. US #315 (25 man)

I've got an uphill battle once I get to Japan.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to JB
JB - what were your benchmarks on Empress? We were getting her to 62-65% on Phase 1. Only had a few pulls before the evening ended and we didn't get settled into Phase 2 well yet.

Trying to determine if we can expect to get by with just one Phase 2 before reaching 30% on her - seems like it.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
We got away with only 1 phase 2. No idea on DPS numbers.

Rhenai

join:2010-09-07
Elkhorn, NE
reply to JB
said by JB:

...we're looking forward to smashing ToES...

I can't help it, I found this amusing.

What if there are steeled-toe boots on this boss? Can you transmog them into sandals?

(ok now taking the blonde wig off )
--
“Amor Fati – “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.”

Weout44

join:2013-01-17
Miller Place, NY
reply to JB
New to the forum...Just realized this site is not blocked at work..:)

6/6 H MSV 3/6 H HOF 4/4 TOES

WE tried the easy strat on tsulong, but it did not work for us.. WE only took 3 attempts because we were focusing on H Lei Shi.
Something was definitely wrong with our execution of the strat, but no worries.

This seems like a really great site...

Cheers

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
Welcome to the forums!

Enjoy your stay....

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Weout44
said by Weout44:

New to the forum...Just realized this site is not blocked at work..:)

6/6 H MSV 3/6 H HOF 4/4 TOES

WE tried the easy strat on tsulong, but it did not work for us.. WE only took 3 attempts because we were focusing on H Lei Shi.
Something was definitely wrong with our execution of the strat, but no worries.

This seems like a really great site...

Cheers

Ha.....ha ha.......hahahahahaha. Fresh blo.....err.....Welcome.

bpoff17

6/6 MV and 2/6 HoF after tonight's first night in.

Garalon was a bit tough, pushed him to 64% on our best attempt. Still working on the transition part of the phermones and healer's getting range on everyone.

Headed back in next week to see where we end up.

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to JB
6/6 MV 4/6 HoF now. Got some good attempts & progress in on Amber Shaper, was consistently getting to phase 3 when we called it for the night. There is just a lot going on in that fight at once. Our real problem was DPS being stupid and missing their interrupt. You do that once or twice and everything is behind the 8 ball.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to bpoff17
bpoff - Do you have the luxury for this fight of having a monk healer? Either way, what's worked well for us is having one healer go with the melee who are killing legs and heal mostly them. Our other two healers can then distance themselves from the leg killers (and not bother healing them at all) while healing the pheromone carrier and tanks. We're just lucky that our monk healer can give a strong contribution to leg killing because he can heal those around him by dps'ing the leg.

If your pheromone carriers are getting too far ahead of the rest of the group to be in range easily, have them slow down by dropping two rows of pheromones. They really just need to be further than the swipe. Best of luck!
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [5/6] HoF

bpoff17

Our raid makeup at the moment is:

Tanks - Pally/DK
Healers - Disc Priest/Shammy
DPS - Monk X2, Hunter, Lock, Shadow Priest, Mage

So, we're pretty light with Melee, and we've been trying to 2 heal this. Would going 3 heal be better?

The strat we started with, was having healers stack in the middle, tanks take first set of phermones, kiting in a clockwise direction. Then our hunter picked up off the second tank, and lock picked up from there. What seemed to be happening was during the tank/hunter transition, either the hunter would get out of range or step in too soon and get hit with the frontal cone.

I like the two row idea, that's a good thought.

Will 3 heals cause us to hit the enrage timer? Our DPS is fairly solid, though the kiting DPS is still learning to DPS while on the move (Lock played destro is learning affliction, hunter played MM and is learning BM).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Jobbie
4/6 MV but lately the raid team hasn't been there.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by DarkLogix:

4/6 MV but lately the raid team hasn't been there.

/brofist
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
I think if the team all shows up we could do 6/6 in one night and/or move onto HOF and kill some bosses.

Just hope that imafk priest isn't still getting invited, he's just a meter thumper, taking almost as much damage as he's healing, over all a wash.

And he was causing damage by running away on chains so I'd bet that damage caused + damage taken would make him a net lose to the group.
--
»Death Star Petition

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
Totally agree with you there, we need to beat the attendance boss first.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to JB
I'm trying my hardest to get to 475 ilvl =(

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
ALL THE LEATHER BELONGS TO ME!