how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mordred

join:2013-01-02
reply to JB

Re: [MoP] MoP Progression Thread

I am rocking the SoL glyph on my tank as well. How much haste are you up to s1deout?

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
between 5 and 7% depending on my gear set. I would love to have more just have not gotten the drops.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to JB
said by JB:

Consider your RNG lucky, if a healer gets picked first to be a construct its a guaranteed wipe w/ only 2heals.

Grats none the less.

Yea we have a Spriest do Vamperic Embrace and the shammy drops some heals if that happens. We just dps down suit super fast if a healer gets in and we use lock cookies.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to Venom1
said by Venom1:

i just picked up the SoL glyph as well, glad to hear i'm not the only one. We'll see if it make a difference tonight.

I can hit close to 60K HPS on BladeLord and on the other bosses I am getting anywhere between 13K HPS to 20K HPS. Plus it really helps since we run with a rogue and melee shammy. I can help heal them too.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Creative use of game mechanics.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to JB
Spent our first nite on Empress last nite - consistantly had 8 30% wipes due to people not kiting the GD windblade away from a built trap!!!! (Want to stab my eyes out!!) Finally got the last 2 attempts where people let me trap my last one and we were close to killing it.

Those adds hit like a truck though!!! I was pumping out over 40K HPS and still having to chain CD's.

Hopefully we can get the kill tonite and get a few attempts on some ToE's bosses!!!

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Burn 1 side and cycle healer cooldowns on the tank that is getting his face punched in.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
Yea we got it last nite after 4 pulls. Here is what we did:

Marked adds on one side - burned 2 down then trapped that tanks Reaver.

Cycled healing CD's on me and I cycled my CD's as well and built the other trap and trapped mine along with killing the other guys.

We cleared HoF last nite. We went into ToE's and we got the 1st boss on Elite mode after about 5 pulls.

Took 3 shots on the 2nd boss and had it to almost 20% before wiping.

Tonite is usually an off nite but the raid voted to come back and work on ToE's as we want to clear 16/16 before the patch if for nothing else our pride alone.

Really proud of my raid team and guild , we suffered two big losses in this expac mid way thru raiding. We lost our other tank who got a "I am hardcore and you guys are not attitude" and left the guild in the middle of the raid. We then lost our other main healer while working on Amber Shaper due to the same attitude.

We recruited a tank and had a dps go to heals and we have been steam rolling ever since. Looks like the problem was not us.

This raid week has been awesome with clearing 5/6 in HoF in one night then coming back and clearing Empress and 1st boss in ToE's the other.

Mordred

Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JB
Gratz s1deout, sounds like you had a productive night.

We downed Galaron last night no prob and moved onto Windlord. We kept hitting enrage with about 15% left on our best attempt. I think we need to kill the adds alittle faster. We tried keeping 2 Menders up with a Boomchicken and Priest mass dispelling to keep quickening down, it was just too much tank damage. We are 2 healing and single tanking this fight, we should have it this lock out. This fight is crazy for my Pally tank, 50Khps and 120 to 130kdps. I went from normal tank with some crappy healing and damage to top of the charts. I hadnt done this fight on LFR so I was kind of surprised at the numbers. I knew they would be high, but this was nutz. Made for a fun fight.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
Yea the Windlord fight is fun. SoL with glyph of the Battle Healer is awesome for that fight.

We CC one mender and kill the other two as well. We had to have the melee move to the front of the boss with me to help lessen the damage they take and so I can help heal them with my SoL / glyph and Holy Prisim.

Here is our parse if you want to look at the logs:

»www.worldoflogs.com/reports/b1h6···dzem6hs/

Gratz on Garalon. That is a milestone fight in HoF.

Mordred

reply to JB
I will check it out when I am out of work, thanks

I am hoping to get HoF down for the FoS(Fingers crossed)

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
reply to s1deout
Grats man, we will be doing Elite protectors this week. (Never had the time to dedicate anything other than the LFR order).

If you have any ToES questions lmk, I've actually done most of those fights in 10man on off nights.

Mordred

reply to JB
I def will, we are planning on doing that with the new raid.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to JB
The way we did it was this:

1. I tanked the 2 casters / DK tanked the melee. He kited the melee guy around the circle in the middle and I moved the mobs out of healing waters by keeping my interrupts up.

2. Once the 2 casters are down - have your raid's ranged dps and heals that can stack on the outside circle near the bottom of the stairs at the 6 oclock position.

3. When he casts his Expel Corruption - have the tank there the ranged taunt to that location. It has a 30 yard range on it and then he will drop a smaller circle a couple of times that you have to move out of. Keep him faced away from the raid.

4. The ranged heals / dps and other tank will move to the 3 oclock position and taunt to them when he does it again.

5. Keep this rotation up and by the time you go around the clock you should be close to killing him.

The hard part is the smaller circles he drops as if people are not paying attention they will die fast to them.

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
We do it the same way. There is a visual to the expell corruption, ideally you will tank him as close to the edge of the room and as close to the edge of the old expel corruption zone. You want as much of the "zones" as possible to overlap and be outside of the room. Those zones last the entire fight, so if your dps isn't great, you'll have extra casts and zones that make more of the room unusable. So if you've gone all the way around the outside, you'll need to move to the middle and tank him close to the zones on the outside.

Eventually, you just run out of room, but if you have decent dps it won't be an issue. Just make sure your melee is running out while it's being cast (it has a 3 second cast time, I think). If it goes off and you are next to the boss, you are probably dead.

Honestly, it's pretty easy, as long as you are moving bosses out of healing waters and focusing fire, you'll roll it.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to JB
JB's DPS is beast and he is faceroll I heard. His raid has 9 people die on purpose so he can solo it!! :P

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
I wouldn't say that, especially since I tank now :P

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to JB
Elite Protectors and Tsulong downed last nite. 2/4 ToEs now. I ended up getting the Mastery trinket for my tank from Tsulong.

This leaves Thursdays for Lei and Sun and Mon for Sha.

We even got the Green Thumb achievement last nite as well.

We are pushing hard to go 16/16 before the patch.

Mordred

reply to JB
Gratz, sounds like you are on route for it

qualitybobby
Premium
Middleville, NY
reply to s1deout
said by s1deout:

Elite Protectors and Tsulong downed last nite. 2/4 ToEs now. I ended up getting the Mastery trinket for my tank from Tsulong.

This leaves Thursdays for Lei and Sun and Mon for Sha.

We even got the Green Thumb achievement last nite as well.

We are pushing hard to go 16/16 before the patch.

You'll wreck Lei Shi, that fight is about cc on the protectors and just focusing fire on one of them. There is an addon that will put a skull on one when they spawn which helps tremendously. Kill that one, cc the rest. That and swapping when stacks of splash are too high make the fight. It stacks REALLY fast towards the end of the fight.

Sha is all about the cackle platforms. If you can kill the Panda and get back before the next group gets cackled, you will win. Burn the ghost adds on the side when you get back from the platform. You get a 30 "fearless" buff that makes you immune to the AOE cast from Sha and gives you a damage buff.

It'll take some practice on the side platforms to get it. You HAVE to collect all the orbs that the panda kicks out, or he reabsorbs them and gets 5% of his health back.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
Thanks for the tips. We have been planning how we want to handle the Sha fight.

Hoping for some good RNG on groups getting cackled out.

qualitybobby
Premium
Middleville, NY
You'll need good dps. The cackle will take a tank and a healer ever time, but the dps is random at first. From what we've found, the groups will remain the same once they've made a trip, unless someone dies. Then it can get changed up.

Orbs are critical, if he absorbs very many, you won't be able to down him in time to get back. Save your dps cooldowns for the platforms, the enrage timer on Sha is absurdly long.

Stringr

@belgacom.be
Got invited into a terrace run as trial in my new guild. Went in at 8 with no normal experience and got out at 22:30 with a full clear and protectors on elite mode. Was only their second sha kill, real satisfying raid it was. Bring it on 5.2!

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to JB
Lei Shi downed last nite!!!! Took a few attempts to get our rotation worked out for the protectors.

We had a lock and a shaman as well so that helped with the CC plus the lock was fearing one too.

That means we have Sunday and Monday to work on getting the Sha kill and going 16 of 16!!!

I ended up getting my 496 tier shoulders to replace my raid finder ones.

Mordred

reply to JB
That is awesome, gratz on the kill and the gear.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
Thanks!!! That moved me up into the top 20 on the server for pallys gear wise now.

Weout44

join:2013-01-17
Miller Place, NY
reply to JB
Finally got Heroic Sheek'zer on Wednesday.. 123 wipes on this difficulty was the message from dbm!!! One of those fights where EVERYONE has to do their job to perfection, or it's a wipe. Overall, I enjoyed Heroic Will over this fight any day...

Mordred

reply to JB
Nice, gratz on the heroic kill. Good luck with the rest

Mordred

Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JB
Attendance boss hit hard last night, did not get into HoF. We pugged some newbs and wen to MV. I had been OTing for our runs, so now I needed to be MT. I honestly had no idea why you had to switch the dogs, I just knew they needed it. The MT handles all the calling out. So if anything came of last night as we come to the end of Xpac, now I know how to switch the dogs........ Knowing is half the battle, not sure what the rest is.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to JB
Put in our first nite on Sha. We have 4 sub 10% attempts and our best attempt for the nite was 5%.

Going back in tonite and put the beat down on him. We found the best way to handle the cackle platforms was for me as the tank to run around like a chicken with my head cut off getting the orbs and the healer would help out while the dps pew pew'd the miniboss.

I have faith that tonite we will kill him and complete our full clear of T14 on normal.