share rss forum feed
« OpenRaid. . .Make money from blacksmithing »
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 ... 7 · 8 · 9 · next

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to JB

Re: [MoP] MoP Progression Thread

6/6 MV 4/6 HoF now. Got some good attempts & progress in on Amber Shaper, was consistently getting to phase 3 when we called it for the night. There is just a lot going on in that fight at once. Our real problem was DPS being stupid and missing their interrupt. You do that once or twice and everything is behind the 8 ball.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to bpoff17

bpoff - Do you have the luxury for this fight of having a monk healer? Either way, what's worked well for us is having one healer go with the melee who are killing legs and heal mostly them. Our other two healers can then distance themselves from the leg killers (and not bother healing them at all) while healing the pheromone carrier and tanks. We're just lucky that our monk healer can give a strong contribution to leg killing because he can heal those around him by dps'ing the leg.

If your pheromone carriers are getting too far ahead of the rest of the group to be in range easily, have them slow down by dropping two rows of pheromones. They really just need to be further than the swipe. Best of luck!
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Balance Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [5/6] HoF

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31

Our raid makeup at the moment is:

Tanks - Pally/DK
Healers - Disc Priest/Shammy
DPS - Monk X2, Hunter, Lock, Shadow Priest, Mage

So, we're pretty light with Melee, and we've been trying to 2 heal this. Would going 3 heal be better?

The strat we started with, was having healers stack in the middle, tanks take first set of phermones, kiting in a clockwise direction. Then our hunter picked up off the second tank, and lock picked up from there. What seemed to be happening was during the tank/hunter transition, either the hunter would get out of range or step in too soon and get hit with the frontal cone.

I like the two row idea, that's a good thought.

Will 3 heals cause us to hit the enrage timer? Our DPS is fairly solid, though the kiting DPS is still learning to DPS while on the move (Lock played destro is learning affliction, hunter played MM and is learning BM).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Jobbie

4/6 MV but lately the raid team hasn't been there.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5

said by DarkLogix:

4/6 MV but lately the raid team hasn't been there.

/brofist
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

I think if the team all shows up we could do 6/6 in one night and/or move onto HOF and kill some bosses.

Just hope that imafk priest isn't still getting invited, he's just a meter thumper, taking almost as much damage as he's healing, over all a wash.

And he was causing damage by running away on chains so I'd bet that damage caused + damage taken would make him a net lose to the group.
--
»Death Star Petition

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

Totally agree with you there, we need to beat the attendance boss first.

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to JB

I'm trying my hardest to get to 475 ilvl =(

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico

ALL THE LEATHER BELONGS TO ME!

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
reply to JB

Ich weigere mich, Ihnen Leder.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1

6/6 6/6 2/4 after Thursday's raid. Didn't get any pulls in on Lei shi as Tsulong took us a couple attempts because our tanks are absolutely horrible.

Tsulong sure is fun, a real fight where HPS actually some what matters.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX

Yep its the fight for Healers to try to crush meters.
but don't forget to dispel the heals off him when the phase changes.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
kudos:2
reply to JB

We just down Garalon last nite. used 2 tanks / 2 heals with 4 kiters. Killed it with 30 seconds left on the enrage.

We are now 6/6 MSV and 3/6 HoF. Here is a link to a kill video if anyone is interested. No sound on it just the raw video.

»hobartbrothers.egnyte.com/h-s/20···b6b943bd

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to bpoff17

bpoff - Sorry for the delay. I rarely get on here over the weekend.

Two healing should be fine and will make the enrage more generous. We actually only have 1 melee dps so we had our hunter doing legs (inside the circle) with our melee.

It's not terrible if he's hit by the frontal cone during the transition if he's going in topped off. It's really more when the phermone stacks get higher that a frontal cone hit can be reall fatal.

Making sure your kiters can maintain decent dps will be very important for making the timer. The two rows will help keep them in range. Just make sure they know to switch into / out of doing 2 rows to stay out of the frontal cone. Best of luck!
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Balance Druid
[6/6] MSV [5/6] HoF

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31

17 attempts on Garalon.

Our best was 11% before enrage timer, the last 4 attempts we hit enrage. Slow progression at the start, but we've got the phermone exchange down now, and went with a 3 heal 1 tank approach. Seems to be working out well!

Miscer

join:2010-01-28
Fountain, CO
reply to JB

No real raiding for me this expansion, on dat der proverty internet here in the 'stan.

I did do LFR on my unholy DK last Sunday and got 5 drops including my Sha-touched weapon. Double rolled on everything except last boss.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to JB

Our group started working on Grand Empress last night and got her down after about 2 and a half hours! We seem cursed to get only vanquishers tokens, which despite being a druid, I would like to stop happening.

I was kinda surprised how easy phase 3 of Grand Empress was. The first time we successfully got both Reavers trapped in phase 2 and had everyone up going back into phase 1 it was a kill attempt.

We'll be going in to ToES on Sunday or Monday and hoping to get 2-3/4.
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Feral PvP Druid
[6/6] MSV [6/6] HoF [0/4] ToES

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable

Yeah man, Empress only took us 3 tries of getting to p3 to kill it. Don't under estimate Tsulong, it can be pretty rough. (Having a Holy Pally + Resto Sham + MW Monk healing combo would make it easy as hell though.) Lei Shi all depends on your group comp. It only took us 3-4 attempts in 25man.

Having said that 6/6 6/6 3/4 now.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA

We have 2 of the 3! MW Monk and Resto Shaman. Our third heal is a disc priest. Don't suppose you can spirit shell Tsulong to death lol.

We're also planning to start with elite protectors. Fight really didn't seem particularly complicated to do in elite version.

The first time we'd gotten Empress to p3 we had a Reaver still tagging along from P2. We just focused the boss and let him take cleave damage until he died, haha. Got her to 2% and wiped *sigh*
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Feral PvP Druid
[6/6] MSV [6/6] HoF [0/4] ToES

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to JB

We downed H Dogs in MSV last nite. Our first full night of working on it and we got the kill!!

I was on my pally tank and I did 156K DPS on the attempt with 42K HPS as well with Seal of Insight and Glyph of the Battle Healer.

Going back in tonite to get Heroic Feng. We got him to P3 before going splat.

We are 3/6 in HoF and working on the 4th boss as well. We get to the last phase on him but seem to run out of gas.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA

s1deout - Are you guys 1-tanking Wind Lord? If not, that was something we found made the enrage timer much easier to beat.

As long as the tank/healers are able to cycle cooldowns long enough to keep the tank up until 1 pack of adds dies you'll be good to go. Though, having a priest to mass dispel quickening helps a TON.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Eumaeus

I think someone posted a Resto Shaman hacks video/link for Tsulong. If you need it let me know.

Congrats s1deout, we decided to complete 16/16N before going to heroics, no matter how easy they are, glad that worked for you guys

defton5198

join:2005-05-12
New Bern, NC
reply to JB

We got Windlord and Amber Shaper down last week in 25 but ran out of time before we could attempt Empress. Going to be working on H MSV on Tuesday and than back to HoF to finish it off. We finished 16/16N on 10 on Sat as well.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
reply to JB

It's not uncommon for guilds that are 16/16N to go 3/6H in MSV the first week.

There's a "progression ladder" for a reason. Going 16/16N first is the same path my guild took, and the same path I would have taken had I been the guild master.

That said, I really hope I can get settled in Okinawa before 5.2 comes out...the guild I've got a trial set up with has downed 4 heroic fights in MSV on 25s, and two more in HoF on 10s...I'll already be coming in at the ass end of the gearing hierarchy. If the patch is out, surely they'll be progressing into new content and I'll be even further behind.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH
reply to Eumaeus

Yea we are 1 tanking Wind Lord. I was pulling over 200K on the pally tank along with hitting over 50K HPS as well.

I think we had some mechanics issues like idiots not getting out of wind bombs. We had 3 healers as well so we may need to drop a healer. We had 2 priests and a pally healer.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA

3 healers should be totally fine with 1 tank. That's the setup we've run every week actually. Really staying out of wind bombs pretty much trivializes the last phase so long as dps is fine.

But as you said, "idiots not getting out" has always been the #1 cause of wipes in WoW.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium

Here I thought Windbombs = mega haste buff.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
Troy, OH

Oh its a mega haste buff alright.

Player X getting hit by wind bomb = mega haste buff for me to come teabag them till i die!!!

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to McBrain

said by McBrain:

If the patch is out, surely they'll be progressing into new content and I'll be even further behind.

But that means everything that drops is yours since no one else needs it

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor

Touche...

I've talked to the GM via some emails, and he seems like a nice bloke (he's Aussie, so I reckon that's the appropriate term). I told him I know nothing is promised, and I'll be prepared to prove my worth, etc. The only thing I'm worried about is most of the guys that I assume are their core group are 495-499 ilevel...I'll have to bust my ass at 488 to stay in the same ballpark. Certainly, the raid leaders are aware enough to know that 10 ilvls will put me on a different level than them, but people running around at nearly ilvl 500 right now are no slouches, you know? So, I better be on my "A" game, no matter what the gear situation is.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.