Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wishflthinkn

join:2011-01-27
Bruceton Mills, WV
reply to JB

Re: [MoP] MoP Progression Thread

Epiphany- On the next to last wipe I finally understood that the DBM timer was counting down to the start of the cast. That I need to wait till the timer expires and then hit my 1 or 2 button (whichever explosion is being cast) to interrupt the cast. I know, day late and dollar short. Sux that each of us will have to learn the contructs as we get picked by the boss. Jus have to learn fast and avoid wiping the raid as I did 2 X last night. Must do better.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to McBrain
said by McBrain:

If you guys can beat Elegon, I would assume you can beat Jin'Rok. Much like Ele, it's a bit of a DPS check.

I agree... it's just that we can't all learn the "spark" mechanic at the same time... it seemed each wipe had a different person in the construct... so that spreads out the learning curve a bit. We'll get it.

said by Wishflthinkn:

Jus have to learn fast and avoid wiping the raid as I did 2 X last night. Must do better.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You only got the 2 chances at learning. I was all ready to interrupt my own explosion, but I missed interrupting the Construct's explosion by 2 seconds (my "1" was on CD). We all took part in the wipes, lol.

PnE, please go into LFR to practice the construct mechanics. I know I will =)

here's a good video that talks at our level (wipe until you learn!)

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=qECqROcP89k

and while we are at it... lets check out the empress video done by the same dudes.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BApSORA5Y

--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
but for fun, we will be taking some stabs at Jin'rokh before returning to HoF.
--

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Make a /spam macro to spam in the middle of the fight. That seemed to work for us. Honestly, I don't even remember the buttons anymore.

Mordred

join:2013-01-02
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JB
Jin is pretty easy, def a dps check with very little mechanics.

Tips:

Face his back to where you want the tank to be thrown, this is where the water will form. This is a huge DPS boost, you will want to stand in this.

Save Tank CDs for tank throw, you will have to suck the debuff for 5seconds or so while the tossed tank runs back.

Dump the lightening on the grates around the room, the water can not reach there. Do this till the one before he does his room wide AOE. If you dump it on the grate you will not be able to stack with the group for healing. We would just dump it on the next water pool(But not where the tank will fall from the throw). When the water hits it some raid damage will happen, but it is more than manageable.

Dont stand where the tank lands, it does AOE damage.

Those or most of the things that stand out to me, good luck with him.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Mordred:

Dump the lightening on the grates around the room, the water can not reach there. Do this till the one before he does his room wide AOE. If you dump it on the grate you will not be able to stack with the group for healing. We would just dump it on the next water pool(But not where the tank will fall from the throw). When the water hits it some raid damage will happen, but it is more than manageable.

by the end of the night, this was the last major strat adjustment we needed to make... but we had people falling asleep. Basically, we had some sub 20% wipes due to a dps dying early on in a transition phase (from kiting the focused lighting too far away to get heals). Our best attempt for our first night was 15%... not bad for a crew that is still working on Ambershaper, eh?
--

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
Not knowing if you are standing in dumb or not? Download 'GTFO', seriously.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
yes. What kills us is focused lightning. Not from just standing there, but occasionally someone will avoid fissures, only to have the orb behind them kite into a fissure... or a person just pick a bad spot to kite the orb to right as lightning storm is starting, so they are out of range for that AoE... you only have to goof for 2 sec and you go splat. Only a couple of times did we get a fissure on top of the raid, and those were just normal "everyone needs to find their groove reading the timers while pumping out their top dps/hps". Our gear doesn't give us any wiggle room... the slightest misstep is a wipe on this fight, lol.

I had so much fun working on this boss. I enjoyed every minute of it.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
Now take a vacation to azeroth.

Mordred

Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JB
I like Jin, fun quick fight once you get the rhythm down. Nice first boss IMO. Horridon is a head banger, but fun. We are stuck on the council, being melee heavy we are having add problems. We will get it though, I am very confident. I would say the trash between Jin and Hor are more tedious than the bosses are. If you can get by that you can do anything

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
reply to JB
I never posted it but TheHolyAvengers are now officially 4/6 on MSV as a guild as of last Thursday. We'd downed the bosses for the past couple weeks but last week was finally the time when we were able to do it in a guild group. And we are now at a point where we have enough raid ready and interested guildies that I think we can continue to pull it off consistently while absorbing a few absences here and there.

With ToT out now (and people asking to do it), I started to wonder what our path of progression might be (RL's call). Here we are at the beginning of the runway still and have a multitude of paths we could take, including integrating heroic MSV at some point. We jumped to HoF from Elegon because the first couple bosses are easier. Garalon is the Elegon for HoF many say, so maybe it is jump back and finish up MSV once we are there. Someone at the beginning of this thread commented that the first three bosses of ToES are easier than any HoF boss. Maybe we jump to ToES instead. So many options, I'd like to know what you guys that have been through all of these fights already would do you were going to do it all over again from scratch and take the "most probable for success" path of progression. Would it be:

4/6 MSV
2/6 HoF
3/6 ToES or maybe 6/6 MSV first?
6/6 MSV
6/6 HoF
6/6 ToES or maybe 3/? ToT or maybe 4/6H MSV, etc, etc.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
I think the longer we have access to the new dailies, new rep gear (i522), and new LFR (i502)... progression in ToT will be less and less dependent upon T14 progression. If your whole crew can get into the i490s you stand a chance of downing a boss or 2 in ToT. Gaining access to ToES takes work... progression-style fight learning for your guild group (Garalon and then Ambershaper... Empress is tough on tanks/heals). The payoff for progression when the raid is current is that you'll have it "on farm" sooner. Since T14 is no longer current, you have to weigh the payoff on dedicated "progression" in older content. So, for raid group progression, just keep an eye on how your team is geared and their performance... don't worry so much about fully clearing everything in order if there is a chance at skipping for a couple of boss fights. LFR should still be run because 4PT14 is good to have even if they are only at LFR (i483) levels. Just get the i522 neck, back, trinket, bracer valor gear.

We were so close to getting a Jin'rokh kill, I'd like to start working on getting a kill in ToT and then working on Ambershaper/Empress when we feel we've hit a wall in ToT.
--

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
kudos:5
I should probably know this, but is PnE 6/6 MSV now? I think we are but can only find posts where 4/6 is confirmed (and am websensed so can't just look it up). And I know we are 3/6 HoF. So you are thinking for PnE:

6/6 MSV
3/6 HoF
?/? ToT
then 6/6 HoF or go to ToES?
Any thought on heroics?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
Yes, 6/6 MSV (and our tanks never want to go back, lol)
4/6 HoF (there was much rejoicing when garalon went down).

We are shooting for 1 ToT kill and then back to Ambershaper in HoF.

No thoughts to heroic modes as a guild. Goes back to that payoff for progression grind thing for me. We just need to "catch up" to normal ToT.
--

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY
reply to JB
said by JB:

This x 10000

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by qualitybobby:

said by JB:

This x 10000

Get this in ToT LFR part 2 last night, on 2nd boss
we wiped 2 times because the majority of the peeps just stood in the fire healing and dpsing

Its like really, not only did you drop the fire right on most of the raid but none of them got out.
--
»www.change.org/petitions/create-···imcity-4

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
I will life-grip meter humpers (rogues) before dispelling on that fight. they never run out.... ever. If you actually have 6 solid healers not /afk, it's not a huge deal to just heal through. The problem comes where I haven't seen more than 4 healers on the meter in an LFR /sigh.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
We had maybe 5 of the raid get out after rampage, the rest would just stay stacked up and drop fire on each other.

after 2 wipes we had to be clear, stack for rampage, then spread (even then not many spread but more than before)

and on one wipe (with feral solo tanking it, well there was a plate melee in dps spec holding the other head) because the other tank went offline on the pull, we got to 14% (IE last head) down to 2-3 healers alive, me and feral say rez a healer, then someone says its the last head. (and then we wipe)

I don't care if its the last head if we're down to 3 healers and 1 or 2 might be AFK res a bloody healer.
--
»www.change.org/petitions/create-···imcity-4

qualitybobby
Premium
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

1 recommendation

It is so annoying as a melee to have ranged just be lazy and stay in melee range in fights like this. You rat bastards have the whole room to find a spot, GTFO of my space. I wanted to reach through my screen and punch a pair of hunters in the face the last time i did Oondasta and died because his laser of death hit me for a million or so because I had lazy ranged asshats piled up in the melee.

And there are no excuses for rogues or other melee not to go to a clear spot to drop cinders. You literally have to take two steps to the edge of the water to drop it.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to JB
Council finally down...52 wipes, FML. Hopefully we get our shit straight and dominate over the next couple of weeks. My trial is over after this lockout and I've got about 40 billion EP and 0 GP, so the more bosses we down, the more gear for McBrain.

Vincerus

@dfas.mil
We full cleared last night. In just 3 days we managed to kill the boss boss on heroic and full clear the rest of the place, so overall good job. We even spent like 3 hours wiping on H council and H Tortos.

Mordred

reply to JB
Gratz