Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Cptbeatstix

Re: [MoP] MoP Progression Thread

said by Cptbeatstix:

said by bpoff17:

Garalon must die is this week's motto for the raid. We're probably only spending one last week in MV before we move to focusing entirely on clearing HoF, then ToES. I would really like to get all the current normal mode content killed before the pre-5.2 nerfs (if they do them).

It's not like blizz to nerf a raid tier like that this soon. Possibly when the third tier comes out maybe.

Nope its inline with Blizz, they've just releasing tiers faster than ever before.

4.1 brought nerfs to t11
4.2 brought even more.
--
»Death Star Petition

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to JB

I honestly don't see them nerfing the raids with the increased loot drop in lfr plus the introduction of the "Thunderstorm gear." But you're probably right. But it won't be a major nerf and will be able to turn it off. Just wish they would wait longer than 1 tier to do it. The nerf to T11 content made it stupid easy from you gotta be stupid to not down this. But I don't pve much anymore aside from grinding heroics for the JP conversion to honor.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

Should wait longer betwixt tiers and there'd be no need for a nerf.

That's just me being angry that 5.2 will be released before I get settled in my new locale.

But seriously, they should wait longer....
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by McBrain:

Should wait longer betwixt tiers and there'd be no need for a nerf.

That's just me being angry that 5.2 will be released before I get settled in my new locale.

But seriously, they should wait longer....

RAWR SCREW CASUALS AND THEM WINNING OVER BLIZZ FROM THE QQ TRAIN!!!!!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

Not sure I'm a casual...I've been 16/16 since mid-december...but yeah, SCREW CASUALS!

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
reply to JB

It's not in the clearing it, its more of making the content just easier overall.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

I don't think it should be easier, just longer between patches to let people grasp the learning curve/gear up.

I mean, the guild I'm leaving is in the top 310 US 25 man guilds...and the guild I'm (more than likely) going to is in the top 290, and both are 4/6H...do you really think it's time to introduce a new tier, when the top 300 twenty-five man guilds in the US are 4/16 Heroic?

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

As a whole, no. But they cater towards the top progression guilds that get paid to play and have nothing but time to play. Those top guilds are raiding almost everyday and full clearing content with little to no problem. I think they should give more time between reg and heroic mode. But blizz shouldn't have changed the difference between 10m and 25m. That was the seperation between the men and the boys as per difficulty stood in H modes. LFR was a bad introduction as well as the jp gear only being 358.

There was just a big gear difference between being able to clear a raid and only being able to clear certain parts. Reg MSV has a recommended ilvl of 475 at least for most raiding guilds. I went in at 463 on my warrior to tank and it was just horrible on the damage output. Heroics I didn't take crap for dmg and could chain pull with a good healer.

This is pretty much why I have completely shut down on PVE. I don't really have time to dedicate to spam heroics and hope that I get a drop out of LFR. PvP is just a faster turn around =P

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

Herein lies our difference, I'm a 25-man raider that is (for all intensive purposes) 4/16 Heroic, and you're a man who is fighting his way through LFR. At no point am I saying I am better than you, but still the point remains...time between tiers should be longer.

Blizzard shouldn't increase/decrease the difficulty of their dungeons, they should only increase the time period in which they are introduced. This would save a lot of the heartache that both your kind and mine have right now.

No offense is intended.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by McBrain:

Herein lies our difference, I'm a 25-man raider that is (for all intensive purposes) 4/16 Heroic, and you're a man who is fighting his way through LFR. At no point am I saying I am better than you, but still the point remains...time between tiers should be longer.

Blizzard shouldn't increase/decrease the difficulty of their dungeons, they should only increase the time period in which they are introduced. This would save a lot of the heartache that both your kind and mine have right now.

No offense is intended.

No offense taken. I think the other parts muddied the water a bit. I completely agree with you on the part of extended time between tiers. Blizz just keeps pumping out content so fast that its hard to keep up with unless you pretty much raid 6 out of 7 days.
They need to slow the f down....unless Titan is getting closer to coming out.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH
reply to JB

Went in last nite and one shot 1st 3 bosses in HoF. Went onto Wind Lord next.

We dropped to 2 healers since I was doing over 55K HPS on the pally tank.

We got to below 15% a couple of times. We hit the enrage with 5million left one time but that was due to people dying to windbombs again.

Hopefully we can get him down tomorrow nite.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to JB

Went in for our first night of ToES last night and made great progression.

Killed elite protectors on the first pull. They were surprisingly easy and the 'elite' version didn't really introduce anything difficult to deal with at all.

Tsulong took 2 attempts, as we hit the enrage timer the first pull. Suggest using heroism right off the start or at the very least as soon as 2nd night phase begins. We killed him with about 15 seconds left until 2nd day phase.

Lei Shi took us about 5-6 pulls to kill. For a bit we were having the trouble that 5 people with raid assist was causing DBM to go into a target marking frenzy when the mobs spawned and 'skull' changed 6 times in 3-4 seconds. Beyond that we found that the more cc you can put on the water spawns, the better. Bind elemental, banish and freezing trap made that phase trivial. Our tanks were taunting at about 9 stacks and we let one tank hold him with cooldowns during the entire add killing phase. We burned heroism after the 40% protect, but it constantly gets interrupted by her specials anyway.

Worked a bit on Sha but will hopefully down that Thursday. Seems the only real trick to the fight is getting the side platform pandas killed fast enough before the other group gets sent away. Sha doesn't hit terribly hard and killing the adds isn't particularly difficult.
--
Eumaeus, Guardian/Feral PvP Druid
GM - Lux ex Tenebris - Sargeras | Alliance
[6/6] MSV [6/6] HoF [3/4] ToES

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
reply to JB

Went 6/6 MV last night, 2/6 HoF, with 2 garalon attempts. First attempt we were ahead of the enrage timer by 30 seconds and had phermone exchangers get caught in Furious Swipe. Second attempt hit enrage timer with 11% left. Third attempt hit enrage timer with 7% left.

We'll see where things go on Thursday when folks are more awake and focused!

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to McBrain

#Carried (For everyone, I'm merely poking fun @ McB, he knows I'm kidding)

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

said by JB:

#Carried (For everyone, I'm merely poking fun @ McB, he knows I'm kidding)

You know me all too well.

I can't wait to get to Oki and get carried by those Aussies and Malaysians. Those dudes know what they're doing.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to Eumaeus

We actually had the same issues as you haha. Multiple assists = messing up DBM targets. We did 9-12 stacks too. Lei Shi was actually 24man'd, it's a pretty easy fight if you can manage to CC the adds. On to Sha tonight (as well)

Last night was the first night the healers did Tsulong w/o my Shaman, I was pretty relieved lol. I still managed to be 7th on heals as my guardian. (Hotw+Tranq+Sun breath+guardian spirit = wowww), still a fun fight even for a tank.
--
I know you are the only one
A little taste of heaven
You know I am The only one
Your bitter taste of hell

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor

Hopefully you guys down Sha quick so you can be on to heroics.

Kill your Pandaren dude on the platform asap, manage adds on Sha's platform, and don't get hit by Sha's shadow shit and you're good to go.

You get a buff from killing your platform dude that makes you run fast and be immune to shadow shit for a short time when you return, so blowing up adds when you get back from the platform is made easier.

You probably already know all that stuff, though...just sayin'.

Oh yeah, and blow 'lust on the start so you can ensure everyone gets it and so you can use it again at the end...it's a long ass fight.
--
McBrain#1430

Name's Ash...Housewares.

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Eumaeus

YOu can also stun the adds if tanks are geting spanked.. fists of fury/ leg sweep is basically our tank cd for elementals..

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to JB

Great tips there McBrain!

We only had about half an hour on it last night. It seems like a pretty simple fight really. If your platform teams can kill the panda fast enough it's basically gg for the fight it seems.

Really hoping to get a few heroic kills in before 5.2. We've finally started to beat the attendance boss more regularly and our guys are getting used to each others playstyle enough to know what to expect.
--

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to JB

We downed Heroic Garalon last night. That puts us at 9/16 Heroic as a guild. We also just absorbed 2 other smaller guilds on our server so we have 3 different 10 man raids going which is awesome! All of the raid groups are similarly progressed as well. Im very proud over what our guild as accomplished this expac. Me and 2 other friends started this guild last expac during firelands and we brought it from being a casual normal raiding guild to a top 3 10 man guild on our server.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Eumaeus

Yeah, platform is the key mechanic of the fight...that and not letting too many adds stack up on Sha's platform.

Make sure everyone knows to los the fan of knives type ability that the platform dude has and just unload on him as much as possible. The faster you kill him the more smoothly the fight goes.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium

1 edit

Ugh, we wiped @ ~5%. Hopefully dies tonight. I was literally .5 seconds away from not being hit by his reaching attack.

(Actually, I should say, being killed, it took 3 of them to kill me ^_^)

Cptbeatstix

Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by JB:

Ugh, we wiped @ ~5%. Hopefully dies tonight. I was literally .5 seconds away from not being hit by his reaching attack.

(Actually, I should say, being killed, it took 3 of them to kill me ^_^)

You shouldn't be getting hit.....=D

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA

What a rough night... don't you hate those days where everyone's just *off* and it's brick wall after brick wall.

Ended up not getting back to Sha because our "quick" HoF clear ended up taking all night (along with not having time to do Empress). Looks like we'll have to wait for next week's raids to push for the 16/16 mark.

People just kept doing all kinds of "well, that's a wipe" stuff lol. Many thanks to Arsinic though for coming along with us to fill in for our MIA healer.
--

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31

Garalon has died!

Wind Lord to 48%, we were well ahead of the enrage, but someone stepped in a bomb....

6/6 MV 3/6 HoF

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
reply to Cptbeatstix

Oh, I know, we got behind on one of the platforms and no1 stepped in to tank, anyways that was our first night.

Last night we downed Sha. 2nd or 3rd attempt, so it took us about 15 attempts or so, solid. 16/16N on to H now.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
reply to Eumaeus

said by Eumaeus:

What a rough night... don't you hate those days where everyone's just *off* and it's brick wall after brick wall.

Ended up not getting back to Sha because our "quick" HoF clear ended up taking all night (along with not having time to do Empress). Looks like we'll have to wait for next week's raids to push for the 16/16 mark.

People just kept doing all kinds of "well, that's a wipe" stuff lol. Many thanks to Arsinic though for coming along with us to fill in for our MIA healer.

Hey... I thought you and Steve had aggro on Garalon when I charged in.
--
From Psychonauts -
Lungfish Civilian: (describing Goggalor) He's impervious to bullets! ... and love!
--

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
reply to Eumaeus

My priest is so scrub Glad I was able to halp. I'm sure if you guys would have gotten that 1 last pull in you'd have finished HOF easy peasy.

Eumaeus

Yorktown, VA
reply to Goggalor

Haha it was a very brave charge indeed. You're right I did have aggro when you charged, he just applies his first pheromone based on proximity so he spewed his beetle goo on you just for being closer.

It was pretty sad that the one time we had a premature hearthstone was the one night our warlock died to the internet availability boss lol.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
reply to Eumaeus

Amber Shaper sucks ass. We tried to clean up HoF after killing Sha, wiped a bunch of times due to construct fails. Oh well.