TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to Talesavo

Premium Member

to Talesavo

Re: How hard is it to switch from Tek to Start?

said by Talesavo:

Ya, it doesn't look like Tek is getting speed upgrades anytime soon, so time to move on to greener pastures. How do I make sure that Tek puts in the order immediately instead of waiting until the day before?

Hum, I dont think that's the case. The CRTC knows full well that this is important. My impression is that we will have a decision from them very soon. As soon as that decision is made I would assume that existing users would get speed parity right away and that for newer higher speeds it may take a bit longer for us to put new packages together and what not.

This decision will also deal with the CBB or UBB rates that were set more than a year ago.

To put it mildly, this is a huge decision that's coming out.
nitric
join:2012-01-29

nitric

said by TSI Marc:

said by Talesavo:

Ya, it doesn't look like Tek is getting speed upgrades anytime soon, so time to move on to greener pastures. How do I make sure that Tek puts in the order immediately instead of waiting until the day before?

Hum, I dont think that's the case. The CRTC knows full well that this is important. My impression is that we will have a decision from them very soon. As soon as that decision is made I would assume that existing users would get speed parity right away and that for newer higher speeds it may take a bit longer for us to put new packages together and what not.

This decision will also deal with the CBB or UBB rates that were set more than a year ago.

To put it mildly, this is a huge decision that's coming out.

The rumors are that the aggregated POIs will get the upgrades and the rest won't -- not sure how much truth there is to that.

Can you confirm that you said what the user below mentions?:

»Re: New speeds Rogers cable - Teksavvy watch out
I sent an IM to Marc today and he replied very quickly, he said that they are working on the situation with speed matching. He had said that they hope to have it resolved in the next few months.

I wouldn't say that's a definite answer but I was happy and impressed at the speed at which the CEO will respond to such a concern. WTG TSI.

I think the main word that makes myself and other users concerned is 'months'. :P
geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Few months.... Time to go? We've been waiting since like October or November last year.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Marc to nitric

Premium Member

to nitric
said by nitric:

The rumors are that the aggregated POIs will get the upgrades and the rest won't -- not sure how much truth there is to that.

*snip*

I think the main word that makes myself and other users concerned is 'months'. :P

on the first. This is just it, a decision on this will come out at the same time as the CBB/UBB rates. Until then, we just dont know what will happen.

For the second, it is possible that it takes months which is why I mentioned it. I do believe however that a decision will be released very soon. As mentioned above, we have asked for higher speeds on the non-agg TPIA as well as agg-TPIA.

My guess is that the CRTC knows that this is very important. They also know that we are the most affected by this decision. I dont think the CRTC would have put out a decision that is clearly advantageous to some but not others if the next decision that levels the playing field wasn't around the corner...

For my part, I will do what I can to speed things up as much as possible.

At the end of the day, its important to realise that these things are outside of our control largely. Once we know what our costs are, we will reprice accordingly. Those who wish to switch, that's part of the bargain with TekSavvy, you're free to do what you will. In the same way that you'd be free to come back if you liked our rates better once we put ours out there. Obviously I would rather not to create extra work for nothing. TekSavvy is still committed to offering a great value in the same way that we always have. I fully expect that we would be very competitive in all cases.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

2 edits

elitefx

said by TSI Marc:

TekSavvy is still committed to offering a great value in the same way that we always have. I fully expect that we would be very competitive in all cases.

Any pricing less than Rogers Jan 24/2013 outrageous rate hikes and only 9 months after their last cash grab atrocity can only be of great benefit to TPIA present/future customers in general.

Personally, I think you guys are going to see a massive influx of customers in the coming months. Rogers has completely lost any value for the dollar period regarding their services.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by elitefx:

said by TSI Marc:

TekSavvy is still committed to offering a great value in the same way that we always have. I fully expect that we would be very competitive in all cases.

Any pricing less than Rogers Jan 24/2013 outrageous rate hikes and only 9 months after their last cash grab atrocity can only be of great benefit to TPIA present/future customers in general.

Personally, I think you guys are going to see a massive influx of customers in the coming months. Rogers has completely lost any value for the dollar period regarding their services.

Frankly, I for the life of me cannot figure out how Rogers thinks their service is so valuable. People usually raise prices to fund other services/projects within a company looking in to the future.

Rogers keep raising their prices every 6 months (last one was June 2012) and I cannot emphasize how silly their prices are getting now. Can anyone (you?) even try to come up with a decent reason? I doubt it lol It doesn't make sense.

On a side note to the thread - I've been in a huge debate with myself over this switch. Start.ca or TSI Cable. I've hesitated with TSI Cable over the last 2 years over the major issues. Now that things are getting better with TSI, start comes out with nice plans and good prices.

Touch decisions. I think, most around here don't want to switch due to the 1 on 1 ability with your ISP, but wallet and speed play a huge part.

koolin
join:2005-12-20
Canada

koolin to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Time to call up the CRTC and say we are bleeding customers because we are handicapped compared it other TIPA's. Make your decision now!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by koolin:

Time to call up the CRTC and say we are bleeding customers because we are handicapped compared it other TIPA's. Make your decision now!

...we've done that.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to koolin

to koolin
Of course they've probably been all over the CRTC, but there's only so much that can be done. TSI/CNOC can't make the CRTC (or Rogers/Bell) do anything. I've never understood why people believe they can. Screaming at regulators, especially squishy, semi-competent regulators like the CRTC, gets you nowhere.
diskdocx
join:2005-09-26
Burlington, ON

diskdocx to Tx

to Tx

said by Tx See ProfileRogers keep raising their prices every 6 months (last one was June 2012) and I cannot emphasize how silly their prices are getting now. Can anyone (you?) even try to come up with a decent reason? I doubt it lol It doesn't make sense.

Have you not seen how much Rogers is spending on the Blue Jays roster???

I think it's pretty obvious why the price hikes keep coming.

silvercat
join:2007-11-07

silvercat

said by diskdocx:

It's for a worthy cause

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by silvercat:

said by diskdocx:

It's for a worthy cause

maybe, leafs will never win and i find myself rather turned off by the leafs right now or the NHL as a whole but still no justification to the pricing.

Friend of mine on facebook just mentioned his area in the UK finally got Fiber Optic to the home. His speeds are 80\20 with unlimited bandwidth at £40 a month converted is $63 CAD. Modem rental included in price or line rental as he called it.