share rss forum feed

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
kudos:4

High value BOE items for transmog.

Apparently Teebus long sword is worth about 100k on Mal Ganis.

Anyone know of other items that sell that high?
--
Jobbie told me to keep my signature the same. This is me rebelling.

StumpMan
Premium
join:2001-07-26
Clinton, NC
I gathered all the materials and have completed the Primal Mooncloth set with the Whitemend hood.

Gonna try and pop them on the AH and see what they fetch. Pain in the butt farming the mats, but hoping they sell good.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
reply to Savious Zero
Anything with a unique model that is difficult to get and would be considered ascetically pleasing.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
said by Adalicia:

..ascetically pleasing...

That would be if you're making a T-mog set for a Gregorian monk. Otherwise, go for a set that is aesthetically pleasing.
To the OP - I'm not into transmog myself, but I've made some decent coin off of blacksmithing some old patterns and putting them on the AH. Also, now that you can enter any pre-MoP raid solo, it's worthwhile to run some old content, and put anything that's BoE for sale to see what it fetches.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE
Forgive my phone's auto correct.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

Anything with a unique model that is difficult to get and would be considered ascetically pleasing.

That's some deep shit, bro.
--

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
reply to Savious Zero
Just because some idiot put that up for 100k doesn't mean it is actually valued that much.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
reply to Savious Zero
On my druid I'm currently using the Headhunter's leather set (lvl 40 something green) that's a random world drop along with a Stylin' Purple Hat (BC Craftable). Pieces from that set sold for 100-300g each on Sargeras when I was buying.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!
kudos:2
said by Eumaeus:

On my druid I'm currently using the Headhunter's leather set (lvl 40 something green) that's a random world drop along with a Stylin' Purple Hat (BC Craftable). Pieces from that set sold for 100-300g each on Sargeras when I was buying.

That's because you have terribad taste, though.

Eumaeus

join:2009-12-10
Yorktown, VA
Psh I know you love my purple pimp suit. You're just upset that I had to backhand you the other day. You know I hate it when I have to hit my girls.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
Whatever, you Bayard. ;P

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Savious Zero
there are only a handful of BOE items that will pull down that kind of gold. But there are plenty of consistant BOE items that sell well:

Sulfuron Hammer
Assassin's Blade
Haunted memento
Flaming Skull Shield
Hanzo Sword
BOE junkbox weapons (gloaming blade, krol blade both it their various incarnations)
Shin Blade
Elemental Mage staff
Staff of Hale Magefire
Hyperion plate armor
Ironhide mail armor

Those are off hte top of my head, but they sold well when I last played back in October and all are easy to farm if you know where to farm. (Sulfuron hammer is of course crafted and Momento was from Scourge invasion).

Good luck.

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to JB
said by JB:

Just because some idiot put that up for 100k doesn't mean it is actually valued that much.

.5% world drop rate off of 60-63s in classic. Its worth it.
--

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Savious Zero
Sav, didn't we find out it was actually a .05%? Nevertheless, still takes forever to get it. Kind of like getting the Eye of Shadow. I'm beginning to believe it was taken out of the game. If you want to make some gold, get and sell the Blood of the Mountains. I sold 2 for a total of 1200g. I'm tempted to sell my sulfuron ingot to see what it will fetch. Still trying to get the left bracers so I can get thunderfury =(

Savious Zero
Simply the best
Premium
Belgrade, MT
Isn't the eye of shadow for Benedictus staff? All those items were removed.
--

Cptbeatstix

join:2011-12-21
Carrollton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I still see the item in the AH from time to time. But I don't know if you can even still do the quest line. They need to bring back old school Naxx. I found a private server that has the fights for the most part scripted. Only thing is that it drops the whole loot table instead of it being random.

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS

1 edit
reply to Savious Zero
The items weren't removed, they simply no longer drop. So people who had the items can still sell them.

Also, there's quite a few people (myself included) who don't like huge shoulders. the Righteous "set" (green leather) is plain white plus a bit of grey. That for shoulders and belt plus Ghostshroud for helm looks pretty good on my monk.

Also, all monk weapons sheathe on the back regardless of how they sheathe for everyone else, so some models are more visually appealing than others. (I still need to get a some runs into BWL. Yes, it's technically soloable, but Razorgore is still a pain in the ass for a monk, due to the counter-hits on parries.)

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE
reply to Savious Zero
Removed is the wrong word. They're still in the game, you just can't acquire them anymore. If they were flat removed I would be livid. I love those two trinkets and the fun you can have with them. I also love my staff.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium
Your Mind!
Glorious Leggings of the ____ apparently are so coveted, yet so rare, that they can sell upwards of 175k. It is the leggings that look like a golden bikini with golden thigh pads.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

Lincoln, NE
Yup. Its a unique model and people that RP as cock whores might desire them.

BG5150

join:2008-08-14
New York, NY
reply to Goggalor
said by Goggalor:

Glorious Leggings of the ____ apparently are so coveted, yet so rare, that they can sell upwards of 175k. It is the leggings that look like a golden bikini with golden thigh pads.

Glorious Legplates? I couldn't fine "glorious leggings" on wowhead.

Skittles
Premium

Skittles
Premium
reply to Adalicia
nope. Not unique, only a different color set. Lofty and vangard sets are both "bikini sets"

jofos

join:2008-02-14
Irvington, AL
reply to Savious Zero
Was the caster sword from the headless horseman the same model as Teebus?

I have crafted phantom blade or something like that a few time and sold it for like 2.5 k though I think its kind of ugly.

janny

join:2012-12-24
reply to Savious Zero
I like the face to face trade for BOE

Cake
Premium
join:2009-09-29
united state
reply to Savious Zero
Shadowfang - a BOE sword that drops in Shadowfang keep will sell for 70k. People have transferred realms just to buy one.

Not for transmog, it is used by xp-off 19 rogues.