All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
yhp
join:2006-12-27
Philadelphia, PA

yhp

A30 arrives in Center City Philly.

We've had A30 for a few days now. Nice to finally get a closed captioning solution that isn't dog-and-pony. Better late then never, I guess, but this is way way late.

Also got the price hikes for 2013: Digital Econ went up $5 to $34.95; and DVR is now $8/mo instead of $7.

Mysteriously, On Demand is now available on my Digital Econ sub, which has never been true before. Unless they've improved the FF/REW problems on OD programs which were present 2 years ago, I'll pass. (I understand from this board that they did have at least one technical "innovation": inability to skip through embedded commercials. Awesome.)

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

FF/REW hasn't been a problem for years.

Commercial Skip is determined by the network who owns the property, not comcast.
yhp
join:2006-12-27
Philadelphia, PA

yhp

said by beachintech:

FF/REW hasn't been a problem for years.

I tried it. It's still one-speed-only in each direction. That's the problem I'm talking about. Did they actually solve something else entirely?

Commercial Skip is determined by the network who owns the property, not comcast.

yyyeah, don't really care.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

The one way fast forward and rewind speed is the same on the Cisco/SA areas too.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to yhp

Premium Member

to yhp
I got the A30 update yesterday, and since then VOD has not worked. You can select a show ok, but when it starts to play all you get is random, blinking color blocks. Diagnostics screen shows all signal levels fine and all channels working fine. Contacted Comcast and the old story - don't know of problems & can we dispatch someone to house. I declined. Will do outside checking in area, but that is waste of time. They undoubtedly have a problem at their local server location.

One benefit - I got my monthly bill reduced by about $30/mo for 1 yr and also 6 months free HBO/SHO/etc. when they switched me from an old grandfathered plan to a new plan.
FFH5

FFH5

Premium Member

said by FFH5:

They undoubtedly have a problem at their local server location.

Problem was corrected about 3 hrs after the service call to Comcast was made.