HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to DocLarge

MVM

to DocLarge

Re: Configuring Trunking Between ESXi 5 server and CISCO Switch

@DocLarge
...corollary of that is "documentation is from an obscure dialect that roughly translates as 'for some other poor schmuck do to.'"

@aryoba
Haven't done IE, and don't know if I want to... I think I know my stuff pretty well, it's just one of those "now your career
is on the line, prove it!" kind of things.

Regards

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by HELLFIRE:

@aryoba
Haven't done IE, and don't know if I want to... I think I know my stuff pretty well, it's just one of those "now your career
is on the line, prove it!" kind of things.

if you're in an admin type role -- you can get away with this until you hit the higher levels of work inside the enterprise-type level -- however -- there are always exceptions. i know that there are several denizens of this forum that i will gladly admit to being much smarter than myself with no ccie.
however -- in the consulting services role that i am in -- the ccie is almost a mandatory requirement to be brought in for architecture on a large enterprise. it also means for a *significant* bump in pay. i say these -- as i am scheduled for the lab on the 27th. i don't *need* the ccie -- but more cash is always a good thing.

q.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

Well, let us know how the IE test goes tubbynet. Best of luck to ya man.

Halfway tempted to submit myself to said interview test, just to see a) how I
am overall, esp. in the interview arena, and b) just for a learning experience.

Regards