jhllne
join:2006-04-26
Madison, WI

1 edit

jhllne to cork1958

to cork1958

Re: The annual price increase! [Edited]

Click for full size
Here in Madison, WI, the cost of the "Digital Home" package (which for me, is expanded basic + a cable card) is going up nearly 14% next month (love the 3 week heads-up!), from $58.99 to $66.99.

Oh, and the "broadcast TV surcharge" is also going up 6%.

Kind of a triple-whammy for me, as a 12-month promo price is expiring right at the same time as these price hikes.

I will miss watching college hoops on ESPN and BTN, but I think it may finally be time to cut the cord. This is ridiculous.
zed260
Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by jhllne:

Here in Madison, WI, the cost of the "Digital Home" package (which for me, is expanded basic + a cable card) is going up nearly 14% next month (love the 3 week heads-up!), from $58.99 to $66.99.

Kind of a triple-whammy for me, as a 12-month promo price is expiring right at the same time as these price hikes.

I will miss watching college hoops on ESPN and BTN, but I think it may finally be time to cut the cord. This is ridiculous.

im glad i signed a bussniuss contract i get all the tv channels cept premium channels and pay 55 dollars a month

anon anon
@charter.com

anon anon to jhllne

Anon

to jhllne
Here digital home is $63.99 and is going up to $65.99. Broadcast surcharge is going from $1.47 to $2.15. Just an incentive to go to the new pricing tiers when our promo runs out. $60 for Select( same as Home ) and includes the broadcast fee.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to zed260

Premium Member

to zed260
said by zed260:

said by jhllne:

im glad i signed a bussniuss contract i get all the tv channels cept premium channels and pay 55 dollars a month

You still haven't answered my question from the other topic though. $55 for your business HSI but how much is the TOTAL bill with what ever you bundled it with? That $55 is for JUST internet, isn't it?
zed260
Premium Member
join:2011-11-11
Cleveland, TN
Netgear R7000

zed260

Premium Member

said by cork1958:

said by zed260:

said by jhllne:

You still haven't answered my question from the other topic though. $55 for your business HSI but how much is the TOTAL bill with what ever you bundled it with? That $55 is for JUST internet, isn't it?

with internet phone and tv 145 dollars a month

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

said by zed260:

with internet phone and tv 145 dollars a month

Ouch!

That's what I figured! Your business account HSI is still more expensive than my regular account, for same speed, and your total bill is $31 more than my total Charter bill. Now, if I figure in my Vonage phone at $18 a month, you're still $13 more than me. Doesn't sound like you're saving to me and if Charter actually has their stuff running right, I see no reason for a business account just for the sake of being able to talk to a real person quicker on the phone!

Kind of goes back to that logic I was explaining about the wife buying way more paper towels than we need just because it was "on sale" when in 2 weeks, it will be on sale again!!